If you are in the mood for a first-person puzzle game where shadows can kill you, Lightmatter might offer what you are looking for.
Aspyr and Tunnel Vision Games have announced that their “award-winning puzzle game, Lightmatter” will be available to players on Steam come January 15, 2020.
According to the press release, the indie title has been described as:
Lightmatter is the atmospheric, first-person puzzle game inside a mysterious experimental facility where the shadows will kill you. Watch your movements closely through the sprawling tunnels and rooms or be swallowed into the vast darkness. The game tells a sci-fi story about a maniac inventor who has created the ultimate power source called Lightmatter. Players must explore the facility in an attempt to discover the hidden plot, while facing challenging puzzles that require mastering different light sources to survive.
Here’s the trailer!
The Key Features include:
- Step into an evacuated facility that risks tearing the world apart atom by atom.
- Use lateral thinking to solve mind-bending puzzles with lights, shadows, beams, platforms, and even Lightmatter.
- Explore themes of journalistic integrity, scientific ethics, and megalomania.
- Starring David Bateson (Known from playing Agent 47 in Hitman) who leads as Virgil, CEO of Lightmatter Technologies, and who provides the game’s dark humor narrative.
- Inspired by art used in thick-line animation and graphic novel-style outlines.
- Pays homage to first-person puzzlers, drawing inspiration from The Turing Test, Portal, and The Talos Principle.
According to what was shared by PR, the upcoming title “originally started out as a university project where a group of Medialogy students wanted to explore lights and shadows as the primary gameplay mechanic in a puzzle game. The result was a 15-minute prototype, offered as a free download on Reddit.”
The title ended up being highly successful, boasting thousands of downloads and recognition at global world conferences.
“From there, they created Tunnel Vision Games with the mission to take the light/shadow concept further and turn it into a fully-fledged game.”
You can own Lightmatter on Steam starting January 15, 2020. The interesting thing is players can “try the first hour of gameplay for free, and can then unlock the full game for $19.99 USD.”
As for Aspyr, it describes itself as “a leading video game publishing and development partner focused on maximizing the potential of games across all platforms and for all players.”
Tunnel Vision Games is an independent video game studio headquartered in Aalborg, Denmark. “Inspired by a university project on tutorilization in games, Lightmatter is their first commercial release.”
Feel free to share your thoughts with us.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary