Disney’s “Mary Poppins Returns” Gets Digital 4K Ultra HD, 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray Release Dates!
Fans of Disney’s Mary Poppins Returns will be able to own it very soon. The Academy Award-nominated film will be available on Digital 4K Ultra HD/HD and Movies Anywhere come March 12, 2019. It will be available on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on March 19, 2019! The home release will feature a sing-along version and never-seen-before bonus features.
We have reviewed Mary Poppins Returns. The sequel to the 1964 classic stars Emily Blunt as the titular character. The film went on to garner a number of Oscar nominations and has grossed approximately $340 million at the worldwide box office.
Here’s the official synopsis:
“Mary Poppins Returns,” Michael Banks (Ben Whishaw) — just a child when Mary Poppins first visited 17 Cherry Tree Lane — is now a grown man raising his children Annabel (Pixie Davies), John (Nathanael Saleh) and Georgie (Joel Dawson) with help from his sister Jane (Emily Mortimer). Times are tough in Depression-era London but the winds begin to change and the enigmatic governess, whose unique magical skills can turn any ordinary task into a fantastic adventure, enters the lives of the Banks family once again, having not aged a single day. Teaming up with an old friend, Jack, they take the Banks children on a series of whimsical adventures, encountering colorful characters like Mary’s eccentric Cousin Topsy (Streep), Jack’s lovable band of leeries and bank executives William Weatherall Wilkins (Colin Firth) and Mr. Dawes Jr. (Van Dyke) — bringing life, love and laughter back into the home.
The Bonus features include:
- Blu-ray & 4K Ultra HD:
- Deleted Song—“The Anthropomorphic Zoo” – In this early song sequence, Mary Poppins and the children visit a very special zoo where the humans and animals trade places.
- The Practically Perfect Making of “Mary Poppins Returns” – Join filmmakers and cast on an amazing journey to embrace the legacy of the original film while making a fresh modern sequel.
- Introduction – Filmmakers and cast remember the first Mary Poppins movie and share the thrill of working on Mary Poppins Returns.
- “(Underneath the) Lovely London Sky” – Discover how the team mined PL Travers’ books for a fresh perspective on a much-loved character. Plus, meet the Banks children!
- “Can You Imagine That?” – Be on location for Mary’s iconic entrance from the sky, and explore the movie’s original songs, inspired by the Sherman Brothers.
- “Nowhere to Go but Up” – Experience being on set with the legendary Dick Van Dyke and Angela Lansbury, and celebrate the joy of choosing the right balloon!
- Seeing Things From a Different Point of View”: The Musical Numbers of “Mary Poppins Returns” – Go behind the scenes and experience the film’s production numbers from a new angle.
- “Trip a Little Light Fantastic” – Led by Lin-Manuel Miranda, the cast performs the film’s biggest production number, with dancing lamplighters, bicyclists and more!
- “The Royal Doulton Music Hall” / “A Cover Is Not the Book” – Find out what it takes to create two musical extravaganzas inside an animated world, highlighted by dancing animated penguins!
- “Turning Turtle” – Mary’s eccentric cousin, Topsy Turvy, played by Meryl Streep, has an unusual house that turns this musical number upside-down.
- “Can You Imagine That?” – Dive under the bubbles with the cast and crew to see how this exuberant number was created.
- Back to Cherry Tree Lane: Dick Van Dyke Returns – Dick Van Dyke, who played Bert and Mr. Dawes Sr. in the first film, returns after 54 years to Cherry Tree Lane as Mr. Dawes Jr.
- Practically Perfect Bloopers – There’s nowhere to go but up with the cast and crew in this lighthearted collection of flubs, goofs, and prop fails!
- Deleted Scenes
- Leaving Topsy’s – After their visit to Cousin Topsy, Mary, Jack and the children pause to take a look back.
- “Trip a Little Light Fantastic” – The leeries light up the screen in this extended clip from the movie’s biggest musical production.
- Play Movie in Sing-Along Mode – Sing along with all your favorite songs as you watch the movie.
- Digital Exclusive:
- Play Movie with Audio Commentary – Watch the film with commentary by director Rob Marshall and producer John DeLuca.
Here are the Product Specifications:
- Product SKUs: Digital UHD, HD, SD; Ultimate Collector’s Edition (4K UHD+Blu-ray+Digital Code); Multi-Screen Edition (Blu-ray+DVD+Digital Code); DVD and On-Demand
- Feature Run Time: Approximately 130 minutes
- Rating: PG in U.S. (bonus material not rated), G in CE and CF
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Blu-ray = English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks
- DVD = English, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio
- HD/SD Digital = English 5.1/2.0, Latin Spanish 5.1/2.0, French 5.1/2.0 (for some clients), English 2.0 Descriptive Audio (for some clients)
- Blu-ray = English SDH, French, and Spanish
- DVD = English SDH, French, and Spanish
- HD/SD Digital = English SDH, French, and Spanish
- Closed Captions: English (DVD and Digital)
Feel free to share your thoughts about Mary Poppins Returns with us.
Farid has a Masters in Psychology and an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Arousing the Legacy, Missing in Somerville, The Game Master of Somerville, and The Escaped Murderer of Somerville. He gives us insight on comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Please do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.