The Bitching Dead Issue 28 had Bekah, Tara, and I covering the recent four (yes, four!) episodes from The Walking Dead spin-off shows. The good news is nothing amazing happened in any of the episodes. So, we were able to go through them quickly.
As far as the ratings are concerned for Fear the Walking Dead Season 6 and The Walking Dead: World Beyond Season 1, it looks like a whole lot of people aren’t interested in watching the weekly episodes even though a majority of us are staying at home.
Fear the Walking Dead Season 6 Episode 2 ‘Welcome to the Club’ was able to attract 1.55 million live-viewers while TWD: World Beyond Season 1 Episodes 2 and 3 got 1.04 live-viewers (a drop from the premiere‘s 1.60 million). Of course, I’m interested in seeing if the numbers for TWD: World Beyond will ever fall below the 1 million mark.
Here’s our The Bitching Dead Issue 28 webcast!
Fear the Walking Dead Season 6 Episode 2 ‘Welcome to the Club’ highlights:
- We liked the young actress Zoe Colletti being cast as Virginia’s younger sister Dakota. Can she be trusted?
- Virginia’s hairstyle made no sense! Daniel should have stabbed her when he was giving her a haircut.
- None of us bought Daniel faking amnesia.
- The walkers being covered in molasses was stupid.
- Trying to find a leader to form an army by undergoing such a dangerous punishment was stupid.
- Strand’s plan to kill the walkers was good, but it was poorly executed because of plot reasons.
- So, Strand hasn’t grown as a character at all?
- None of us remembered Janis. Ha!
Fear the Walking Dead Season 6 Episode 3 ‘Alaska’ highlights:
- We liked Morgan’s axe/staff hybrid weapon.
- Bekah liked seeing a bunch of walkers being killed with office supplies.
- We kind of liked how the Bubonic plague was handled.
- Trying to figure out how Althea, being a lesbian, went about being in love with Isabelle.
- None of liked Althea’s game of collecting ID cards. Also, who the heck would walk around carrying their wallets (including money and ID cards) this far into a zombie apocalypse?
- Sherry’s back. Yay?!
The Walking Dead: World Beyond Season 1 Episode 3 ‘The Tyger and the Lamb’ highlights:
- Bekah really tried to find something good about this episode.
- Silas is such a cliche.
- We’re still bothered by how unbothered the main cast has been about all of the smoke from burning tires.
- We still don’t like Huck.
- Are we supposed to feel sorry for the woman leading the Civil Republic because she cried after killing all those people?
The Walking Dead: World Beyond Season 1 Episode 4 ‘The Wrong End of the Telescope’ highlights:
- Bekah liked seeing the wolves hunt zombies in the school.
- She liked how one of the zombies was stuck in a locker.
- The dance sequence was so stupid.
- The acting is so bad!
- I liked seeing the Civil Republic scientists conduct weird experiments to find a cure. I think we all know that certain scientists aren’t above experimenting on humans even if it meant infecting them with the zombie virus. Also, with how the test subjects were categorized as ‘A’, was that a link to the ‘A’ and ‘B’ thing we have seen in The Walking Dead series?
Did you watch episodes 2 and 3 of Fear the Walking Dead Season 6 and episodes 3 and 4 of The Walking Dead: World Beyond Season 1?
What did you think of them?
Let us know.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary