Our comment section is open to active discourse, but we ask that you follow a few simple guidelines:
- Be polite! Disagreement is fine, but please do not be cruel, hurtful, rude, or downright mean towards other community members.
- Personal attacks are not allowed. If you can’t engage in civil discourse without resorting to attacking the person do not engage at all.
- Stay on topic. Don’t derail the comments section of an article with unrelated content or content that is there to instigate people into off topic discussion.
- Keep it PG-13. Please avoid using extreme and excessive profanity in your posts. These posts will get caught in our spam filters automatically.
- No bigoted language. Sexist, racist, homophobic, biphobic, transphobic, or otherwise bigoted language and sentiments are also not allowed.
- “Sock puppet” accounts are not allowed. “Sock puppets” are multiple names/accounts run by one person to appear as though their argument has more support. Users who use anonymous switching agents to appear as different users also fall under this category. This will result in an immediate ban of all accounts.
- “I’m done with this site/I will never visit again.” Okay.
Commenters who violate these policies will either have their posts edited by a moderator with a note indicating what content has been removed and why, or outright deleted if the remaining content of the post doesn’t justify it remaining in the comments section. Repeated or extreme abuse will result in a ban. Policies are subject to change at the admins discretion.
While our main site is free from profanity, sometimes people on Tumblr make really good posts that are laced with f-bombs. That’s just how the culture there is. We will still, however, strive to make our Tumblr free from bigoted language and adult or excessively violent content. Besides foul language, our Tumblr will still remain PG-13 like the rest of the site.
We love it when you choose to share our content! We’ve included buttons at the bottom of each post and select pages so that you can easily do so on your designated social media networks. If you choose to not use those buttons and would like to share snippits of our content elsewhere, please remember to link back to our main site. Re-posting of our content in whole is not allowed.