Alien is a sci-fi horror classic! To celebrate its 40 years, fans can own it on an all-new 4K Ultra HD master which will be available on April 23, 2019. A limited edition 4K UHD steelbook of the Alien 40th Anniversary Edition will also be available exclusively at Best Buy.
Here’s the official description:
In the film that birthed the wildly successful Alien franchise, the crew of the deep space tug Nostromo awaken from stasis during a voyage home to Earth when their ship’s computer detects what is believed to be an alien distress signal coming from the desolate nearby moon, LV-426. While investigating, one of the crew, Kane (John Hurt), is attacked by an alien creature that latches to his face and he is rushed back to the Nostromo to receive medical treatment. Ripley (Sigourney Weaver), the ship’s warrant officer, advises against Kane’s return due to quarantine regulations – but her orders are ignored by Ash (Ian Holm), bringing the Nostromo under threat from a mysterious, extraterrestrial apex predator with violent and lethal survival instincts.
The film was restored in 4K in 2018 by 20th Century Fox at Company 3/Deluxe Entertainment Services Group, supervised by Ridley Scott and Pam Dery. The 4K scans were done at EFilm.
The Alien 40th Anniversary Bonus Features are:
- 1979 Theatrical Version
- 2003 Director’s Cut
- 2003 Audio Commentary by Ridley Scott and the Cast & Crew
- 1999 Audio Commentary by Ridley Scott (1979 Theatrical Version Only)
- Final Theatrical Isolated Score – Dolby Digital 5.1 (1979 Theatrical Version Only)
- Composer’s Original Isolated Score – Dolby Digital 5.1 (1979 Theatrical Version Only)
- Deleted Scenes
Here are the Specs:
- Street Date: April 23, 2019
- Screen Format: Widescreen 16:9 (2.40:1)
- Audio (4K Ultra HD): English DTS-HD-MA 5.1/English DTS-HD-MA 4.1 (Theatrical Version Only)/English Surround DTS-HD-MA2 2.0/Spanish DD 5.1/French DTS 5.1
- Audio (Blu-ray): English DTS-HD-MA 5.1/English Dolby Digital 4.1 (Theatrical Version Only)/English Surround Dolby Digital 2.0/Spanish DD 5.1/French DTS 5.1
- Subtitles: English, Spanish, and French
- U.S. Rating: R for sci-fi violence, gore, and language
Are you a fan of Alien? Let us know.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary