Disney’s ‘Christopher Robin’ Gets Digital, Blu-ray and DVD November Release Date
Fans can rewatch the sweetness of Disney’s Christopher Robin come November 6, 2018, when the live-action Winnie the Pooh starring Ewan McGregor is released on Digital, Movies Anywhere, Blu-ray, and DVD. The upcoming home release will include many extras.
Christopher Robin is an “entirely new take on the Winnie the Pooh stories” which “will transport parents back to the imaginative, carefree days of childhood and allow them to share their love of Pooh and friends with their own children.”
“When you are able to make people laugh and cry in the same movie and you are able to tell the story with integrity and ground it in reality and have the magic realism on top of it, it lifts your spirits and connects you with the people you love,” says director Marc Forster. “We could all use a little bit of Pooh’s heart and wisdom right now.”
The film stars Golden Globe winner and Emmy nominee Ewan McGregor as Christopher Robin; Golden Globe nominee Hayley Atwell as his wife, Evelyn; Bronte Carmichael as his daughter, Madeline; and Emmy winner Mark Gatiss as Giles Winslow, Robin’s boss.
Christopher Robin also features the voices of Jim Cummings as Winnie the Pooh and Tigger, three-time Emmy winner Brad Garrett as Eeyore, Golden Globe nominee Toby Jones as Owl, Nick Mohammed as Piglet, Oscar winner Peter Capaldi as Rabbit and Oscar nominee and Tony Award winner Sophie Okonedo as Kanga.
The bonus features offer fans “a heartfelt look at the making of Christopher Robin, showcasing the magical artistry that brings the classic characters to life, the human actors’ techniques for interacting with stuffed animals, and the filmmakers’ passion for their project. Bronte Carmichael, who plays Christopher Robin’s daughter Madeline, takes viewers on an exciting journey from the drawing board to film locations throughout the United Kingdom.”
Furthermore, an exclusive digital bonus feature explores the actual teddy bear, given to Christopher Robin Milne 98 years ago, which inspired the original Pooh stories that have been shared and adored by families around the globe.
On November 6, 2018, viewers can instantly watch the film in Digital HD and SD, and bring home a physical copy of the film as a Multi-Screen Edition (Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital Copy) or a single DVD.
The Bonus features in the Blu-ray and Digital HD include:
- In Which … A Movie Is Made for Pooh – Filmmakers and cast share their passion for this story in a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the movie.
- In Which … Pooh Finds His Voice – Discover what it’s like to voice Winnie the Pooh, from voice actors Sterling Holloway to Jim Cummings.
- In Which … Pooh and Walt Become Friends – How did Walt Disney and Pooh meet? Take a journey through time to explore the legacy of Walt’s first encounter with Pooh.
- In Which … Pooh and Friends Come to Life – See how Winnie the Pooh and Friends were brought to life as walking and talking stuffed animals in this magical live-action world.
The Exclusive Digital Bonus feature:
- In Which … We Were Very Young – Meet the actual, original teddy bear who, along with his best friends, has inspired so much love worldwide for almost a century.
The bonus features may vary by retailer.
Along with garnering positive reviews, as of now, Christopher Robin has grossed more than $180 million at the worldwide box office.
Are you looking forward to the home release? Let us know.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary