Distortions, the multiple award-winning game by Among Giants, will be available on Steam and the Windows Store in early 2018!
Distortions is a game that takes players into a world that uses music, magic, and memories. Check out the trailer and you’ll see why Distortions won multiple awards. From the graphics to gameplay, this indie-title looks amazing!
Here’s the official synopsis:
After waking up in a strange, puzzling world where memories roam free like ghostly echoes, a young woman must use her musical gifts to find her way home. Beset with psychological pain, she must make peace with her past and learn to live in the moment in order to deal with unpleasant physical manifestations of days long gone. Equipped with her journal and violin – and guided by music – the girl must protect herself from the masked creatures that inhabit this land. In fact, they may have a deeper connection with her own memories …
In Distortions, you’ll experience a breathtakingly beautiful world filled with caves, mountains, and rivers. Can’t find a way through? Shape the terrain around you with music, and hunt for clues to shed light on the next waypoint. With the aid of a strange masked gentleman, you must uncover new memories and eventually solve the mystery of the journal’s unknown author to overcome your past and open the door to a happier future.
Here’s a list of the award and recognition Distortions received in 2017
- Winner, “Best of BGS10” [included in “Best in Show”] – GameSpot / Brazil Game Show
- Winner, “Best Brazilian Game” & “People’s Choice Award” – Brazilian International Game Festival (BIG)
- Winner, “Best Technology”; Nominee, “Best Music & Sound” – SBGames
- Winner, “Best Game” – Spcine
- Finalist / Nominee, “Best Narrative” – Casual Connect / Indie Prize (2017)
- Finalist – Casual Connect / Indie Prize (2018) [announced]
- Nominee, “Best Independent Game” & “Best Brazilian Game” – Brazil Game Awards (BGA)
- Nominee, “Best Concept” & “Best Music & Sound” – AzPlay
According to Thiago Girello (CEO, Among Giants), “Distortions is a music-based project that goes well beyond game mechanics and the world itself. Music has driven the whole concept forward before a single art asset was put in place. From the start, we wanted to make a game that would use music as the connective tissue between narrative, environment, and language. Before development began, we researched all the types of music Distortions will feature, what kind of ‘vibe’ they provide, and what stories they tell. With all this prior research, the rest was actually pretty straightforward!”
The Key Features include:
- Immersing yourself in a poetic, compelling narrative of perseverance, mystery, and lost memories.
- Using the power of music to shape the world around you.
- Experiencing innovative, modular gameplay that changes according to the story’s “rhythm.”
- Learning to use five unique abilities to tame (or control!) awe-inspiring creatures.
- Enjoying multiple gameplay styles – from side-scrolling to open-world exploration.
Distortions is currently planned to be released sometime in Q1 2018 for Steam and the Windows Store. The upcoming game also has an official website.
I’m looking forward to playing Distortions. What about you?
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary