“We. The Revolution” Available On Steam! Are You Ready To Shape History?
We. The Revolution, the “highly anticipated game” set in the blood-soaked and paranoid times of the French Revolution, has been released on Steam and GOG. Are you ready to shape history?
We. The Revolution features unique gameplay and a singular art style. It casts players in the role of a judge in the Revolutionary Tribunal during the great French Revolution era. Players will have to “trudge through the turbulent setting passing sentences, playing a dangerous political game, and doing everything in their power to avoid the guillotine and being marked as an enemy of the revolution.”
As the revolutionary judge, players will have to “confront their decisions with their family who may very often see things differently.”
The game puts players in morally ambiguous situations in which there are no obvious solutions and the decisions they make are never clear cut. According to the press release, “The power over human life and death is a heavy burden and having responsibility and strength will be tantamount when making decisions that can affect the fate of the revolution.”
- Experiencing the oppressive atmosphere of the French Revolution as you’ve come to know it from the classic novels of Alexandre Dumas and Joseph Conrad.
- Presiding over dozens of unique and morally ambiguous court cases.
- Running your own courtroom – question witnesses, analyze clues and evidence, read reports, and pass sentences.
- Confronting your judgments with your family.
- Making friends and enemies of different rival factions vying for power. You can make them your associates or make them disappear.
- Engaging in a mix of genres, blending case-building with intrigue-crafting and turn-based tactics.
“Working on We. The Revolution was an amazing journey,” said Michal Gembicki, CEO of Klabater. “The game started as an indie title but two Gamescoms, three PAXes, and one worldwide press tour later, we are ready to release a huge game full of unique and varied gameplay mechanics. It is not just your typical courtroom drama – besides judging other people’s fate in court, you will have to focus on very tense family relations and even command your own units in tactical battles.”
We. The Revolution is currently available for PC, Mac and Linux on Steam and GOG with Switch, Xbox One and PS4 releases coming soon.
Feel free to share your thoughts with us.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Please do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.