FEELINGS Daily: Hannibal Has Been Cancelled and Someone is Going to Get Eaten For it
Everything is terrible. Hannibal has been cancelled. There’s no sugar coating it, but if you need something to keep you busy in this time of turmoil Angel has some handy tips on what you can do to help #SaveHannibal. Personally I’ll just be crying into some wine and watching the final 10 episodes hoping Netflix employees don’t want to be cannibalised.
Okay so the Sony Hack – aka proof that Hollywood is THE WORST – revealed that Peter Parker/Spider-Man would never be anyone other than a straight white man. But just because the movies are still failing at the whole diversity thing doesn’t mean their comic book origins are. Over the weekend we found out that Miles Morales will officially be replacing Peter Parker as Spider-Man in the main Marvel timeline. Maybe in like 50 years the movies will finally catch up, until then we have to put up with Ant-Man.
Ugh I am still so mad at Marvel for making me watch Ant-Man. They are taking advantage of my fannish devotion because of course I’m going to see it, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to like it. (Like that time everyone went to see Jurassic World even though it definitely did not live up to the hype).
In less exciting comics news, Kelly Sue DeConnick is leaving Captain Marvel. DeConnick will be handing over the reigns to Captain Marvel after Secret Wars.
@CaptMarvelNews So hard to go, but it’s time.
— Kelly Sue DeConnick (@kellysue) June 21, 2015
What if Ramsey Bolton was a good guy? (via Mashable)
Alan Rickman on Helium! (via Buzzfeed)
Warning, the trailer for this documentary on Malala will make you cry.
In Other News:
- Zookeepers are recreating Chris Pratt’s raptor alpha moment from Jurassic World and it’s beautiful! (via The Daily Dot)
- Britne Oldford has been cast as the female lead in SyFy’s Hunters. (via Deadline)
- Sense8 trans representation roundtable right here at The Geekiary!
- Pixar’s Inside Out is smashing the box office, even if it couldn’t knock Jurassic World from the top spot. Seriously, go see that movie – it’s so lovely! (via Mashable)
- Matt Smith is heading to Netflix, because that’s where all your faves are now. Smith will portray the Duke of Edinburgh opposed Claire Foy’s Queen Elizabeth II. (via The Mary Sue)
- The Independence Day sequel has an official title: Independence Day: Resurgence! (via The Hollywood Reporter)
Finally if you have not read Channing Tatum’s reddit AMA then you are doing yourself a disservice because it is even better than any of your wildest fantasies.
Author: Undie Girl
Undie Girl (aka Von) has a BA (Hons) Major in Cultural Studies. The title of her honours thesis was “It’s just gay and porn”: Power, Identity and the Fangirl’s Gaze. She’s currently pursuing a Masters of Media Practice at University of Sydney. Von’s a former contributor The Backlot’s column The Shipping News and a current co-host of The Geekiary’s monthly webcast FEELINGS… with The Geekiary.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary