FEELINGS Daily: Spoilers Are Coming to Game of Thrones!
The Buzzfeed quiz I took while I was procrastinating writing this column told me that I’m witty. You’re super lucky that I decided to stop taking mindless online quizzes so I could tell you ALL the stuff that happened today.
Hold onto your stylish yet affordable hats, fellow fangirls, because The Russo Brothers are definitely directing Avengers: Infinity War! Do you ever dream something so hard that when it actually happens you’re not sure if it’s real? Someone pinch me because I can’t believe this. Not that I don’t love Joss. Because I do love Joss, and I think he has done a brilliant job with The Avengers thus far, but the Russos blew me away with Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I am still not over that movie, I’m pretty sure I will never be over that movie and now they’re going to be in charge of TWO movies! Movies that will feature Captain Marvel and Black Panther! I AM HAVING TOO MANY FEELINGS! (via Badass Digest)
In other Marvel news, Jennifer Lawrence is moving on from the X-Men universe. She says that X-Men: Apocalypse will be her last as Mystique. (via Hypable)
Also according to Hypable, Marvel auditioned 16-year-old Mateus Ward for Spider-Man but whatever. I was over casting Spider-man 5 years ago but maybe this one will stick. Who knows. (via Hypable)
On a more depressing note, there’s been some development in a story I wrote about last week. Valerie D’Orazio and her former bully Chris Sims have both decided to take a break from the social media world for a little while. Chris Sims, to his credit, has never hidden from the accusations and continues to maintain that he was wrong. He made a statement stating that he’s “stepping away from Comics Alliance a little bit. It’s not a permanent thing, I will be back – and it is voluntary. It is a thing that I agreed to.” While I’m still not a fan, it is good that he’s stepping up and taking the blame.
Unfortunately, the world still sucks because the victim in this mess, Valerie D’Orazio, announced that she is deleting her Twitter account because she “received messages of a disturbing and violent nature”. Well done, Internet, you proved you’re a swell place to be again by harassing someone that chose to speak out against bullying. (via The Mary Sue)
Guess what! Fans of George R.R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire are about to get spoiled because Game of Thrones is heading into uncharted territory! Producer David Benioff said: “we’ve been talking about this with George for a long time ever since we saw this could happen, and we know where things are heading. So we’ll eventually, basically, meet up at pretty much the same place where George is going; there might be a few deviations along the route, but we’re heading towards the same destination”. (via The Mary Sue)
Speaking of Orphan Black check out this sneak peak from the first episode of Season 3! (via TV.com)
The trailer for Syfy’s Olympus looks TERRIBLE. I want to watch it. (via blastr)
OMG this “Uptown Funk” parody featuring Voldemort and bunch of Death Eaters is pretty much the greatest thing ever! (via The Daily Dot)
The Avengers got the Friends treatment in this vid and I would so watch it. (via The Verge)
The short film Realm about a kickass teenage exorcist is going to be a feature film! The spec script just got sold to Relativity Studios! Check out the short starring Adelaide Kane here. (via Deadline)
In Other News:
- Gale Anne Hurd is Kickstarting a documentary about the Cherokee Nation’s first female Principal Chief. Donate here! (via The Mary Sue)
- Connie Britton has been cast as Faye Resnick in Ryan Murphy’s American Crime Story: The People v. O.J. Simpson. (via EOnline)
- Jeremy Renner (aka Hawkeye) is developing a Knights of Templar Drama, called Knightfall, for History. This is cool and all but I still really want that Netflix Hawkeye series. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- According to Nintendo’s CEO, that wonderful news that Netflix was developing a Legend of Zelda series was “not based on correct information”. Sad face. (via The Mary Sue)
- Fans of the comic Bitch Planet have adopted the non-compliant logo from the series as a symbol of independence. Check out some of the awesomely cool stuff at The Daily Dot.
- A fan has done a statistical analysis on the aggressive actions in the Harry Potter series, proving that the good guys were way more aggressive than the bad guys! Check it out, it will blow your mind (via The Daily Dot).
Author: Undie Girl
Undie Girl (aka Von) has a BA (Hons) Major in Cultural Studies. The title of her honours thesis was “It’s just gay and porn”: Power, Identity and the Fangirl’s Gaze. She’s currently pursuing a Masters of Media Practice at University of Sydney. Von’s a former contributor The Backlot’s column The Shipping News and a current co-host of The Geekiary’s monthly webcast FEELINGS… with The Geekiary.
Read our before commenting.
Please do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.