Obviously the most important news of the day is that NBC’s Hannibal will be returning to our screens on Thursday, June 4. That’s a shift from Friday nights to Thursday (via Variety). There’s other stuff to talk about as well but let’s face it, none of us are going to concentrate until we know when that wonderful cannibal cooking show is coming back. Mark Thursday, June 4 in your calendar Fannibals and let’s move on to all the other things I’m FEELING today.
Today we got our first look at Melissa Benoist as in her Supergirl costume. The series – from executive producers/writers Greg Berlanti, Ali Adler and Andrew Kreisberg – started shooting this week and it’s all very exciting but everyone knows it’s the costume that counts. I got to say it is pretty damn cool. Then again, I might just be super starved for ANY female superhero that I’ll take what I can get. I am especially fond of the fact that they’ve given her some tights to wear under that skirt, because flying in a skirt is REALLY not practical. (via ComicBook.com)
The next Toy Story movie – Toy Story 4 – won’t be a continuation of the previous films. Apparently it’s going to a romantic comedy, which Pixar President Jim Morris seems to think is something new and different. Obviously he didn’t see the first Toy Story because if that wasn’t a romantic comedy about Buzz and Woody falling in love then I don’t know what it was. (via A.V. Club)
Here’s what the Age of Ultron Trailer would look like if Spider-Man was in it. (via The Mary Sue)
This Thor inspired Hammer 3D wall night light is at the top of my want list! Buy it here.
OMG check out this new creepy Penny Dreadful Season 2 trailer! (via TvGuide)
In Other News:
- BAD NEWS! Jada Pinkett Smith WILL NOT be returning for Gotham Season 2, which means fans have got to say goodbye to Fish Mooney. (via Entertainment Weekly)
- According to io9 Steven Moffat has hinted that Peter Capaldi’s harsh Doctor will soften in the upcoming series of Doctor Who.
- Jeremy Renner (aka Hawkguy) is set to star opposite Amy Adams in the sci-fi project Story of Your Life. (via Variety)
- SAD NEWS! Star Trek writer and producer Harve Bennett dies at age 84. (via Deadline)
- You could win an advanced reader copy of the latest Princess Diaries book – Royal Wedding. Enter the competition at Meg Cabot’s website.
Author: Undie Girl
Undie Girl (aka Von) has a BA (Hons) Major in Cultural Studies. The title of her honours thesis was “It’s just gay and porn”: Power, Identity and the Fangirl’s Gaze. She’s currently pursuing a Masters of Media Practice at University of Sydney. Von’s a former contributor The Backlot’s column The Shipping News and a current co-host of The Geekiary’s monthly webcast FEELINGS… with The Geekiary.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary