Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Announces Release Date for “Batman: Gotham by Gaslight”
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has announced the Digital, Blu-ray, and DVD release dates for Batman: Gotham by Gaslight. I’m way too excited about the upcoming animated film!
Batman: Gotham by Gaslight is “the first true Elseworlds tale from DC” that will be presented in animated form. The plot involves a steampunk Batman as he “hunts Jack the Ripper through the shadows of turn-of-the-century Gotham City.”
Produced by Warner Bros. Animated and DC Entertainment, Batman: Gotham by Gaslight will be released by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on Digital on January 23, 2018. It’ll be available on Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack, a Blu-ray Combo Pack, and DVD on February 6, 2018.
The upcoming animated film is inspired by the “landmark one-short Elseworlds tale by Brian Augustyn and Mike Mignola.” It’ll be the second DC Universe Movie to get an Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack ($39.99 SRP) release. The Blu-ray Combo Pack will retail for $24.98 SRP. The DVD will cost $19.98 SR while Digital will retail for $19.99 HD and $14.99 SD.
“The Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack features an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc in 4K with HDR and a Blu-ray disc featuring the film; the Blu-ray Combo Pack features the film in hi-definition; and the DVD features the movie in standard definition. The Ultra HD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Combo Pack include a digital version of the film.”
Check out the chilling trailer!
Here’s the official synopsis:
Batman: Gotham By Gaslight takes place at the turn of the century as America’s continued industrial revolution is to be showcased at a World’s Fair hosted by Gotham City. But while the world prepares to witness the glittery glory of Gotham’s technological advances, there is a killer loose in the city’s darkest shadows. Preying on the city’s women, this killer is as precise as he is cruel. As Police Commissioner James Gordon tries to calm the fears of Gotham’s citizens regarding the butcher called Jack the Ripper, the masked vigilante Batman enacts his own detective work – with the help of confident, capable Selina Kyle – to stop the Ripper’s murderous spree. Witness a world in flames as the notorious serial killer’s controlled savagery meets the calculated stealth of the Dark Knight.
Acclaimed for his performance in Batman: Under The Red Hood, Bruce Greenwood (American Crime Story, Star Trek, iRobot) reprises his role as the voice of the Dark Knight in Batman: Gotham By Gaslight. Jennifer Carpenter (Dexter, Limitless) makes her DC Universe Movies debut as the voice of Selina Kyle. The voice cast also features Scott Patterson (Gilmore Girls, Justice League Unlimited) as James Gordon, Anthony Head (Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Merlin) as Alfred Pennyworth, Yuri Lowenthal (Batman Unlimited, Young Justice) as Harvey Dent, John DiMaggio (Futurama, Adventure Time) as Chief Bullock, William Salyers (Batman vs. Two-Face) as Hugo Strange, and Grey Griffin (DC Super Hero Girls) as Sister Leslie. The cast also includes notable voice actors Tara Strong, Bob Joles, David Forseth, Chris Cox, Lincoln Melcher and Kari Wuhrer.
I’m excited that Selina Kyle will also be playing a part in the story, considering she wasn’t in the one-shot.
Producer Sam Liu (Batman and Harley Quinn, Teen Titans: The Judas Contract) also directs Batman: Gotham By Gaslight from a script by Jim Krieg (Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox). Alan Burnett serves as a co-producer. Executive Producers include Sam Register and Bruce Timm (Batman: The Killing Joke) along with Benjamin Melniker and Michael Uslan.
“We’re thrilled to bring this classic Elseworlds story to life,” said Mary Ellen Thomas, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Vice President, Family & Animation Marketing. “Gotham By Gaslight is the original Elseworlds tale from DC, and we know the fans have been anticipating this gritty adaptation. Fans will be transported to an alternate reality with this unexpected tale of the Dark Knight.”
Here are the extra features to look forward to:
- Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pac, and Digital
- “Caped Fear: The First Elseworld” (Featurette) – Batman in the distant past of Gotham, at the crossroads of where the Gothic 19th century meets the modern age. Jack the Ripper, clashing with Gotham and its ruling elite. The documentary traces the influence of the comic book story, and why Gotham by Gaslight stands the test of time.
- Batman: Gotham by Gaslight Audio Commentary – Join Executive Producer Bruce Timm, Director Sam Liu, and Writer Jim Krieg as they provide details about the scenes of Batman: Gotham by Gaslight and why this is a special project for each of them. Listen in for all things Batman: Gotham by Gaslight, and immerse once more into this dark and Gothic world.
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie, Suicide Squad: Hell To Pay: A behind-the-scenes look at the next entry in the popular series of DC Universe Movies, featuring thoughts from the talented filmmakers.
- From the DC Vault – “Showdown” episode from Batman: The Animated Series; “Trials of the Demon!” episode from Batman: The Brave and the Bold.
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie, Suicide Squad: Hell To Pay: A behind-the-scenes look at the next entry in the popular series of DC Universe Movies, featuring thoughts from the talented filmmakers and voice cast.
The approximate run time for Batman: Gotham by Gaslight is 78 minutes.
While we wait, fans of DC Comics can enjoy watching Justice League as it nears the November 17, 2018, US release date!
Fans also have Scooby-Doo! & Batman: The Brave and the Bold to look forward to on January 9, 2018.
Are you looking forward to Batman: Gotham by Gaslight? Feel free to share your thoughts with us.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary