He-Man Inspired Anime “Masters of the Universe: Revelation” Boasts an Impressive All-Star Cast
Netflix and Mattel Television have revealed today the all-star lineup of actors who will be voicing the characters in the upcoming Masters of the Universe: Revelation, an original anime inspired by the popular He-Man franchise.
Masters of the Universe: Revelation picks up the characters’ stories where they left off decades ago, focusing on the unresolved storylines. Mattel’s He-Man reboot also includes a comic series by DC Comics (currently available), reimagined versions of the classic 80s toys (which will be hitting shelves in Fall 2020), a CGI-animated series on Netflix (He-Man and the Masters of the Universe), and a feature film.
“I cannot believe the lineup of talent I get to play with!” said Kevin Smith (Clerks, Chasing Amy) who will serve as showrunner as well as executive producer. “The incredible, star-studded cast that Mattel’s Rob David and Netflix’s Ted Biaselli assembled for our Masters of the Universe series will let any lifelong He-Man fan know we’re treating this cartoon seriously and honoring the legendary world of Eternia with A-list talent! Chris, Sarah, Mark, Lena and the other amazing actors and actresses have given performances so powerful and real in a show that features a talking giant green tiger! With these fantastic performers behind our characters, it’ll be crazy easy to immerse yourself in the swords and sorcery of our epic sci-fi soap opera!”
Produced by Mattel Television, Adam Bonnett (Descendants), Christopher Keenan (Justice League, Batman Beyond) and Rob David (He-Man and the Masters of the Universe) will join Smith as executive producers. Susan Corbin (Voltron) will also produce.
“Masters of the Universe: Revelation is for the fans,” said executive producer Rob David. “Kevin Smith, as well as the rest of the all-star cast, share our love and passion for the iconic franchise and the deeper meaning of the property. At its core, Masters of the Universe is all about wanting the power to be the best version of yourself, and the series will bring this message to life in an entirely new way.”
The series will be written by Marc Bernardin (Castle Rock, Alphas), Eric Carrasco (Supergirl), Diya Mishra (Magic the Gathering) and Tim Sheridan (Reign of the Supermen). Animation will be done by Powerhouse Animation (Castlevania).
Take a look at the impressive cast list! So many iconic voices will be lending their talent to this series.
- Mark Hamill (Star Wars, Batman: The Animated Series) as Skeletor
- Lena Headey (Game of Thrones, 300) as Evil-Lyn
- Chris Wood (Supergirl, The Vampire Diaries) as Prince Adam / He-Man
- Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Cruel Intentions) as Teela
- Liam Cunningham (Game of Thrones, Clash of the Titans) as Man-At-Arms
- Stephen Root (Office Space, Barry) as Cringer
- Diedrich Bader (Office Space, Napoleon Dynamite) as King Randor / Trap Jaw
- Griffin Newman (The Tick, Vinyl) as Orko
- Tiffany Smith (Behind Enemy Lines, Supernatural) as Andra
- Henry Rollins (Johnny Mnemonic, Lost Highway) as Tri-Klops
- Alan Oppenheimer (original Skeletor) (Westworld, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe) as Moss Man
- Susan Eisenberg (Wonder Woman, Justice League) as Sorceress
- Alicia Silverstone (Clueless, Batman & Robin) as Queen Marlena
- Justin Long (Galaxy Quest, Live Free or Die Hard) as Roboto
- Jason Mewes (Clerks, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back) as Stinkor
- Phil LaMarr (Mad TV, Justice League) as He-Ro
- Tony Todd (Candyman, Star Trek: The Next Generation) as Scare Glow
- Cree Summer (DC Super Hero Girls, Vampirina) as Priestess
- Kevin Michael Richardson (The Batman, ThunderCats) as Beast Man
- Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series, Crisis on Infinite Earths) as Mer-Man
- Harley Quinn Smith (Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood, Jay and Silent Bob Reboot) as Ileena
What are your thoughts on Masters of the Universe: Revelation? Are you excited to see it?
Source: Press Release
Author: Jamie Sugah
Jamie has a BA in English with a focus in creative writing from The Ohio State University. She self-published her first novel, The Perils of Long Hair on a Windy Day, which is available through Amazon. She is currently an archivist and lives in New York City with her demon ninja vampire cat. She covers television, books, movies, anime, and conventions in the NYC area.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary