“Pig Eat Ball” Gets Simultaneous Console Release This October!
Independent studio Mommy’s Best Games has announced the simultaneous release of “multi-awarded” Pig Eat Ball on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will occur come October 18, 2019.
Pig Eat Ball has been described as “an insane 2D action puzzle adventure about eating, getting fat, and barfing on things.” The title features more than 200 “handmade stages, tremendous boss battles, and neo-arcade gameplay.”
“Consoles are the natural habitat of Pig Eat Ball, and we took special measures to craft these versions,” said Nathan Fouts, CEO at Mommy’s Best Games. “Imagine all your arcade-action nostalgia accreted together into some sort of mutagenetic gameplay blob, and then we inserted that blob into your favorite digital store.”
You can go ahead and pre-order the game on the Nintendo eShop. It will soon be available for pre-order on the Microsoft Store as well. The game was originally launched on Steam (PC, Mac, and Linux) in September 2018 “to great reviews.”
The Features include:
- Twisted arcade gameplay – get bigger as you eat and barf to squeeze down to size.
- Explore intricate worlds – travel to five completely unique areas.
- Hand-crafted challenge – 200+, carefully designed, non-procedural levels.
- Massive bosses – use your brain, your skills, and your mouth to beat nearly a dozen of them.
- Incredible soundtrack – Rock, Paper, Shotgun says “I will brook no argument on Pig Eat Ball’s soundtrack – it whips.”
- One-of-a-kind powerups – dozens of disguises with special abilities.
- Open-ended antics with the Pillbugs – barf on them, bump them, torch them, or knock them into open space.
- Hours of adventure – The main story is a healthy 8-12 hours, with plenty to explore or zip through.
- Wild characters – speak with wacky cupcake people, curmudgeonly apes, and more!
- Manic multiplayer mayhem – play with up to four folks in multiplayer local mode.
- Online leaderboards – each action level lets you compete for the fastest world time!
As for Mommy’s Best Games, Inc., it’s a “boutique video game developer founded in 2007 by industry veteran Nathan Fouts. All of their games have mold-breaking, wild, new, instant gameplay.”
Feel free to share your thoughts with us.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary