When you think you can’t get more excited for the Resident Evil 2 remake, Capcom proves you wrong. The Resident Evil 2 remake official story trailer not only has some classic scenes, but also gives you a good look at some new settings and story elements. Also, you know Ada Wong is going to ditch that ‘I-am-definitely-a-spy’ trench coat somewhere down the line!
Capcom has been doing an awesome job of keeping the hype alive for the upcoming release of the Resident Evil 2 remake. After showing us demos featuring Leon and Claire’s gameplay mechanics, we now have an amazing official story trailer. Fans of the 1998 release are sure to see a number of classic scenes getting a modern makeover.
Here’s the Resident Evil 2 remake official story trailer!
The trailer has given us a lot of things to go over. Most importantly, it gives us our first proper look at Ada Wong. The scarf and trench coat look does feel very 90s and has a film noir feel to it. However, considering she is still wearing a choker, I think her current garb is going to come off at some point and she will be seen in her classic red attire (or a version of it) as you progress through the game.
- The graphics and character designs look amazing.
- The classic scene where Leon and Claire meet each other for the first time is still there.
- I like how Leon and Ada are going to spend more time together. I ship them hard.
- The streets of Raccoon City have become wider.
- Fans familiar with Resident Evil 1.5 are sure to recognize certain environments.
- I still think they need to do something to improve how long hair looks. Clair’s ponytail seems like it has no weight to it. The same goes for the type of hair Sherry’s mother has.
- Birkin’s mutations are stunning.
- I don’t know if the creepy-looking girl is going to be an actual zombie child or some other kind of monster, but it would be awesome if Capcom decides to give us zombie children in the Resident Evil 2 remake, even if they only show up during Sherry’s gameplay.
The Resident Evil 2 remake will be available on January 25, 2019, for PC, Xbox One, and PS4.
What did you think of the Resident Evil 2 remake official story trailer? Let us know.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary