Star Trek: Discovery Season One Trekking to Blu-ray and DVD This November!
Fans of CBS All Access’ Star Trek: Discovery will be able to own the entire first season on Blu-ray and DVD on November 13, 2018. From CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Media Distribution, the upcoming release will have a lot of extra features for fans to enjoy.
Star Trek: Discovery Season One will be a 4-disc Blu-ray and DVD collection containing all 15 episodes from the debut season which originally aired on CBS All Access.
The extra features in the Star Trek: Discovery Season One home release include:
- Discovering Discovery: The Concepts and Casting of Star Trek: Discovery – Interviews with producers, writers, and stars of Star Trek: Discovery about the casting of the first season.
- The Star Trek Theme – A discussion with Executive Producer Alex Kurtzman and Composer Jeff Russo about creating the Discovery theme and score for the show.
- Creature Comforts – A behind-the-scenes look at the makeup and prosthetics department on Star Trek: Discovery, as they both modernize well-known Star Trek species like the Klingons, Vulcans and the Andorians, and bring to life a new species, the Kelpiens.
- Designing Discovery – Insight into the production design department led by Tamara Deverell as they create the planets, the world within those worlds and the starships to travel amongst them.
- Creating Space – An exploration of how the VFX team, headed by Jason Zimmerman, pushes the envelope to create the reality of space, planets, and starships for Star Trek: Discovery.
- Prop Me Up – Led by Propmaster Mario Moreira, a voyage through the world of Discovery props, providing an inside look at the design process from inception to set.
- Feeding Frenzy – A fascinating look at the on-set food stylist who creates a galaxy of cuisine.
- A Female Touch – With strong female producers and writers off-screen and powerful female characters on-screen, Discovery exemplifies the groundbreaking inclusionary theme first put forth in the original series.
- Dress For Success – Costume Designer Gersha Phillips and her team create a spectacular array of clothing, uniforms, and armor for every kind of species in the galaxy.
- Star Trek Discovery: The Voyage Of Season One – A look at the adventures and plot twists encountered in the first season by the crew of the Discovery.
- In addition, both Blu-ray and DVD collections will include deleted and extended scenes.
Here’s the official synopsis:
Star Trek: Discovery follows the voyages of Starfleet on their missions to discover new worlds and new life forms, and one Starfleet officer who must learn that to truly understand all things alien, you must first understand yourself. The series features a new ship and new characters while embracing the same ideology and hope for the future that inspired a generation of dreamers and doers. Star Trek: Discovery stars Sonequa Martin-Green (“First Officer Michael Burnham”), Jason Isaacs (“Captain Gabriel Lorca”), Doug Jones (“Lt. Commander Saru”), Shazad Latif (“Lt. Ash Tyler”), Mary Wiseman (“Cadet Sylvia Tilly”), Anthony Rapp (“Lt. Paul Stamets”) along with guest stars James Frain (“Ambassador Sarek”), Rainn Wilson(Harry Mudd) and Michelle Yeoh (Captain Philippa Georgiou).
Make sure to read our coverage of Star Trek: Discovery.
The show has been renewed for a 13-episode second season. It will debut in January 2019.
Are you a fan of Star Trek: Discovery Season One? Let us know.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
*Read our before commenting.*
Please do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.