Star Wars Rebels Panel & Press Conference Highlights
While we here at The Geekiary have a lot more to write about Star Wars Celebration *and* the Star Wars Rebels panel and press conference that took place today, for now I wanted to share a few highlights from the amazing Rebels SWCO experience!
Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Review & Season 4 Sneak Preview Panel
- Freddie Prinze Jr. calls the Bendu his “force moose” and it’s his favorite character in the whole series
- Season 4 *is* the last season of Rebels, but don’t worry, Dave Filoni isn’t done yet!
- Rukh, the Noghri who works as Thrawn’s guard in Timothy Zahn’s novels, is officially appearing next season – and will be voiced by Warwick Davis
- We’ll see the weapon that Sabine designed get put to use
- Dave Filoni started the panel wearing an “Ahsoka Lives?” shirt…and right at the end he disappeared offstage for a minute and came back wearing a shirt that said “AHSOKA LIVES!” That’s right. An exclamation point. My reaction? AHHHH!!!
Star Wars Rebels Press Conference
- When asked what the best characteristics of their characters were:
- Vanessa Marshall (Hera Syndulla): Hera always has hope
- Steven Blum (Zeb Orrelios): Zeb knows how to be vulnerable and that it’s okay to trust others – despite what he’s been through.
- Tiya Sircar (Sabine Wren): Sabine was essentially an outcast (from her family) but was able to find a safe space and a family bond with people who aren’t her blood relatives because they had a shared cause.
- Taylor Gray (Ezra Bridger): Ezra’s strength and belief in himself allow him to accomplish things that seem impossible.
- In regards to the best or biggest moment of change for their characters:
- In “Trials of the Dark Saber” Sabine faced a new challenge head on and allowed herself to be vulnerable rather than just defensive.
- In that same episode, Hera told Kanan something he didn’t want to hear – that he was being too hard on Sabine and not trusting her. It’s difficult to tell someone you love something that they won’t want to hear, but Hera loved him enough to do so.
- For Zeb, his time with Callus was particularly telling – Callus was something of a mirror to/for him, and forced Zeb to look into the darkest parts of himself.
- Ezra watching Sabine deal with her family was a good model for him – it helped him realize what his calling was, that he needed to go back to Lothal and help his people.
Stay tuned for more Star Wars Rebels insight, and while you’re waiting, make sure to view the amazing season four trailer!
Author: Tara Lynne
Tara Lynne is an author, fandom and geek culture expert, and public speaker. She founded Ice & Fire Con, the first ever Game of Thrones convention in the US, and now runs its parent company Saga Event Planning.
Read our before commenting.
Please do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.