Fans of The Walking Dead franchise have a new game to look forward to. The Walking Dead: Survivors has been described as a PvP strategy tower defense game. It will be available on Android and iOS.
Announced by global game publisher Elex and Skybound, The Walking Dead: Survivors has characters featuring unique attributes and skillsets. They and are broken down by “Combat” and “Development”. Players can also look forward to meeting iconic characters from the famous TWD comic book series.
As for the gameplay, you will need to build the best town and armies by assigning tasks, coming up with strategic battle plans, constructing useful structures, and expanding bases by exploring new territories. You will need to manage resources, determine which fences to fortify, which characters to promote, select the abilities to upgrade, and such.
The three types of Fighters in this game are Melee, Sharpshooters, and Cavalry. Each type has ten tiers to upgrade to.
The Key Features include:
- Survival in TWD Universe – Encountering iconic IP characters like Rick, Michonne, and Glenn. Living through classic moments and visiting fan-favorite locations. Building your camp, recruiting your team, and growing your reputation as a leader.
- Community Management – You will gather supplies, farm, train, explore, fight enemies, recruit new heroes, and tend to the group’s medical needs. As a camp leader, you will need to assign the right survivors to the proper tasks.
- Settlement Siege – You will have to strengthen your walls, place obstacles, set up the survivors’ formation, and trigger the survivors’ skills strategically to protect the settlement from the walker horde and even outlaw survivors.
- Clans – Teaming up with other players to form Clans is possible. Constructing various clan buildings across the region will help you gain more territories and strengthen your forces to defeat Negan.
- Exploration – Exploring the local area to unlock new locations, characters, items, resources, and even learning more about the world.
For those interested, The Walking Dead: Survivors is available for pre-registration on iOS in the US and UK as well as on Android in the US. It will launch sometime in Summer 2021.
Are you a TWD fan? Do you keep up with our The Bitching Dead webcasts?
Let us know.
(via press release)
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary