WEBTOON, the world’s largest digital comics platform, has revealed its lineup for New York Comic Con 2023. WEBTOON has been attending NYCC for several years, but this year will be its largest presence to date with a can’t miss schedule featuring panels, creator signings, swag, and more.
For starters, you can earn your first bit of swag before even setting foot in the convention center. WEBTOON has teamed up with Ubisoft to give fans a chance at snagging an exclusive WEBTOON x NYCC pin set. Anyone who reads five episodes of the original Assassin’s Creed: Forgotten Temple webcomic will be eligible to pick up a free (that’s right, FREE) 4-pin set at the NYCC merch booth on the show floor (#4103) – while supplies last.
Fans will also be able to pick up print copies of WEBTOON Unscrolled graphic novels at the WEBTOON booth (#3426). The first 50 people in line will also be able to win free signed books and swag by some of the platform’s creators who will be in attendance. The booth will also host a comic portfolio review on Friday and a cosplay contest on Sunday. Follow Wattpad on Instagram for more information.
WEBTOON staff and creators will be on a number of panels during the event, alongside major brand collaborators Ubisoft, VIZ, Archie Comics, and Crunchyroll. Their full panel schedule is below:
- Scrolling Passion: New Voices in Romance Comics (Thursday, Oct. 12 at 10:45am ET; Room 409) — Featuring Rachel Smythe, Lore Olympus creator; Pookie Senpai, Down To Earth creator; Keryl Brown Ahmed, writer on Archie Comics: Big Ethel Energy.
- Worldbuilding and Beyond: Sci-Fi & Fantasy in Hollywood (Thursday, Oct. 12 at 3:00pm ET; Room 408) — Featuring Aron Levitz, President of Wattpad WEBTOON Studios; Fawn Lau, Executive Editor of VIZ Originals; and Dean Prenc, VP, Global Content Distribution of Crunchyroll.
- Titans of Graphic Novels (Friday, October 13, 2:45pm ET; Room 1B02) — Join bestselling and critically acclaimed graphic novelists, including Lore Olympus creator Rachel Smythe, as they discuss the creative process, and reflect on the journeys of their careers to this point.
- Who Runs the Fantasy World? Girls! (Saturday, Oct. 14 at 11:15am ET; Room 408) — Featuring Moonsia, The Witch and the Bull creator; Bella Higgin, author of the Belle Morte Wattpad series; Katarina E. Tonks, author of Death Is My BFF; Meredith Moriarty, Third Shift Society creator. Moderated by journalist and Mangasplaining host, Deb Aoki.
- Spotlight on Rachel Smythe (Saturday, October 14, 1:30pm ET, Room 409) — Join bestselling and acclaimed author of the Lore Olympus webcomic series as she discusses Lore Olympus Vol. 5. Moderated by Inklore Editorial Director Rebecca “Tay” Taylor.
- Assassin’s Creed Enters the World of WEBTOON (Saturday, Oct. 14, at 2:15pm ET; Room 1C-03) — Featuring David Lee, VP of Content at WEBTOON; Etienne Bouvier, Ubisoft’s Senior Transmedia Content Manager; and Liz McMartin, Senior Marketing & Campaigns Manager at WEBTOON. Moderated by Vito Scutti, video editor at Popverse.
- From Riverdale to Big Ethel Energy: Reinventing Archie for Gen Z (Sunday, Oct. 15 at 11:45am ET; Room 408) — Featuring writer Keryl Brown Ahmed and artist Siobhan from the Archie Comics collaboration series Archie Comics: Big Ethel Energy; David Lee, VP of Content at WEBTOON; Jamie Rotante, Senior Director of Editorial at Archie Comics; and Mike Pellerito, Editor-in-Chief at Archie Comics. Moderated by Chris Arrant, editor-in-chief at Popverse.
Author: Jamie Sugah
Jamie has a BA in English with a focus in creative writing from The Ohio State University. She self-published her first novel, The Perils of Long Hair on a Windy Day, which is available through Amazon. She is currently an archivist and lives in New York City with her demon ninja vampire cat. She covers television, books, movies, anime, and conventions in the NYC area.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary