Set Sail with Adventure Time: Islands on Jan. 30
Set sail with Finn and Jake by tuning in to Adventure Time: Islands coming to Cartoon Network on Monday, January 30th at 7:30 P.M. EST!
This is an all-new eight-part mini-series that will explore one of the series’ most intriguing and long-lasting mysteries: what happened to the humans? Although we’ve met a few– Martin, Finn’s father, Susan Strong, who will likely play a large role in Islands, the Ice King, who is more crown than man, most days– Finn is otherwise the only human in Ooo. Specifically, will he finally meet his mom? Promo art hints that the answer is yes.
If Stakes, the first eight-part Adventure Time miniseries, is any indication, Adventure Time: Islands will be a doozy. Besides mom- and species-closure for Finn, I hope to see some canon Bubbline (okay, I am always hoping for canon Bubbline).
Adventure Time season 8 premiered this week with a two-parter, and will continue all this week with new episodes that aren’t a part of the Islands miniseries. Look for our full review of the week’s episodes after the last one airs on Friday, January 27, with “Jelly Beans Have Power.” This is the penultimate season of Cartoon Network’s silliest and most mathematical show.
Starting Tuesday, January 24, Adventure Time: Islands is available on DVD, iTunes, Amazon Video, and Google Play, with all eight episodes plus exclusive new content including animatics, an art gallery, and song demos, at a retail price of $14.97. You might want to wait on watching them until this week’s episodes are done, at least if you’re spoiler-phobic.
The episodes of Adventure Time: Islands are as follows:
- Monday, Jan. 30: “Islands, Part 1: The Invitation” – A mysterious craft invades Ooo and Finn believes it may hold the secrets to his past.
- Monday, Jan. 30: “Islands, Part 2: Whipple the Happy Dragon” – Finn, Jake, and Susan set sail on an ocean voyage full of wonders and danger.
- Tuesday, Jan. 31: “Islands, Part 3: Mysterious Island” – After waking up alone and shipwrecked, Finn investigates a bizarre island in search of his friends.
- Tuesday, Jan. 31: “Islands, Part 4: Imaginary Resources” – Finn and Jake travel to a land where reality has been redesigned and improved.
- Wednesday, Feb. 1: “Islands, Part 5: Hide and Seek” – While exploring some futuristic ruins, Susan sees glimpses of a familiar girl.
- Wednesday, Feb. 1: “Islands, Part 6: Min & Marty” – An unexpected revelation from Susan leads Finn closer to answers about his past.
- Thursday, Feb. 2: “Islands, Part 7: Helpers” – Finn and his friends journey to a last refuge called Founders Island.
- Thursday, Feb. 2: “Islands, Part 8: The Light Cloud” – Finn confronts the power behind Founders Island, but will he ever return home to Ooo?
Author: K-K Bracken
K-K Bracken grew up overseas and in the Washington, DC area, went to the Ohio State University to get her BA in English, and has been in Columbus, Ohio ever since. She is currently querying her first novel ORCHESTRATION under the name Bracken Beveridge. She is the founder and organizer for the first Steven Universe exclusive fan convention, Beach City Con.
Read our before commenting.
Please do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.