July and August are going to be exciting months for fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Avengers: Infinity War will be released digitally on June 31 with a Blu-ray release on August 14, 2018. Furthermore, The Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron will be released digitally (4K UHD) on July 31 as well. A physical release will follow on August 14, 2018!
Avengers: Infinity War went on to become a major blockbuster, surpassing the $2 billion mark at the global box office in only 48 days. It is also, as of yet, the fourth title in the highest-grossing films of all time list. The upcoming home release will offer fans more than two hours of extra content.
Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War will be packaged several ways to offer the best viewing experience. The June 31, 2018, digital release will allow viewers to join a 30-minute roundtable with Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) directors Anthony and Joe Russo, Jon Favreau, Joss Whedon, James Gunn, Ryan Coogler, Peyton Reed and Taika Waititi as they “reflect on how their movies contribute to the MCU’s larger storytelling adventure.”
The 4K Cinematic Universe Edition’s “never-before-seen bonus material grants behind-the-scenes access to MCU members and features the memorable moments when characters first meet, the rationale behind some unexpected on-screen pair-ups, and a funny Super Hero gag reel.”
The Featurettes explore the powerful Thanos “and two action-packed attempts to prevent his collection of all six Infinity Stones: the struggle on Titan and the massive battle in Wakanda. Deleted scenes and filmmaker commentary reveal even more on-set secrets from Marvel Studios’ monumental undertaking.”
The Multi-Screen Edition includes a Blu-ray and a Digital Copy of the film, giving viewers the flexibility to watch the film on different devices. Those with 4K Ultra HD capability may opt for a 4K Cinematic Universe Edition, which includes a 4K Ultra HD disc, a Blu-ray, and a Digital Copy.
For those who wish to catch up on their MCU history, select retailers are also offering bundled packaging as well as individual Digital and Physical releases of The Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron.
Here’s a list of the bonus material (may vary by retailer):
- Blu-ray & Digital:
- Strange Alchemy (5:08)– Share the thrill of characters from across the MCU meeting for the first time—and discover why some were teamed up together.
- The Mad Titan (6:34) – Explore the MCU’s biggest, baddest villain, his trail of influence through the stories, and the existential threat he represents.
- Beyond the Battle: Titan (9:36) – Dive into the climactic struggle on Thanos’ ruined world, including the epic stunts and VFX, to uncover the source of its power.
- Beyond the Battle: Wakanda (10:58) – Go behind the scenes to find out how the filmmakers pulled off the most massive and challenging battle Marvel had ever attempted.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes (10:07)
- Happy Knows Best (1:23) – Tony and Pepper spar over the details of their upcoming wedding—until a hassled Happy Hogan pulls up with an urgent request.
- Hunt for the Mind Stone (1:24) – On a darkened street, Wanda Maximoff and the wounded Vision attempt to hide from Thanos’ brutal allies.
- The Guardians Get Their Groove Back (3:20) – As Peter Quill and Drax quarrel over their failed mission to Knowhere, Mantis interrupts with news.
- A Father’s Choice (4:00) – Thanos confronts Gamora with a vision from her past—and with lying to him about the Soul Stone.
- Gag Reel (2:05)– Watch your favorite Super Heroes make super gaffes in this lighthearted collection of on-set antics.
- Audio Commentary (approx. 149 min.) by Anthony and Joe Russo, Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
- Digital Exclusive:
- A Directors’ Roundtable (approx. 32 min.) – Eight amazing directors reflect on how their movies contribute to the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s larger storytelling adventure.
In “Avengers: Infinity War,” members from every MCU franchise must sacrifice like never before in an attempt to defeat the powerful Thanos before his blitz of devastation and ruin puts an end to the universe. The film stars Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner/The Hulk, Chris Evans as Steve Rogers/Captain America, Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow, Don Cheadle as Colonel James Rhodes/War Machine, Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange, Tom Holland as Peter Parker/Spider-Man, Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa/Black Panther, Zoe Saldana as Gamora, Karen Gillan as Nebula, Tom Hiddleston as Loki, Paul Bettany as Vision, Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch, Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson/Falcon, Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier, Idris Elba as Heimdall, Danai Gurira as Okoye, Peter Dinklage as Eitri, Benedict Wong as Wong, Pom Klementieff as Mantis, Dave Bautista as Drax, featuring Vin Diesel as Groot, Bradley Cooper as Rocket, with Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts, with Benicio Del Toro as The Collector, with Josh Brolin as Thanos, and Chris Pratt as Peter Quill/Star-Lord.
Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Infinity War was directed by Emmy award-winning directors Anthony and Joe Russo from an original screenplay by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely. Kevin Feige produced the film, with Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Michael Grillo, Trinh Tran, Jon Favreau, James Gunn and Stan Lee serving as executive producers.
The Disc Specifications (applies to film content only):
- Product SKUs: Cinematic Universe Edition (4K Ultra HD+Blu-ray+Digital), Multi-Screen Edition (Blu-ray+Digital), Digital UHD (select retailers include Dolby Vision), HD, SD, DVD and On-Demand
- Feature Run Time: Approximately 149 minutes
- Rating: PG-13
- Aspect Ratio: 2.39
- UHD BD: English Dolby Atmos, Latin Spanish 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus, French Canadian 5.1 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital
- Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, Brazilian Portuguese, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital
- DVD: English, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital
- UHD Digital: English Dolby Atmos (some platforms), English 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus (some platforms), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Latin Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital
- HD Digital: English 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus (some platforms), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Latin Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital
- SD Digital: English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Latin Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital
- UHD Subtitles: English SDH, Cantonese, Japanese, Korean, Latin Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, French Canadian
- BD Subtitles: English SDH, French Canadian, Brazilian Portuguese & Latin Spanish
- DVD Subtitles: English SDH, French Canadian, Latin Spanish
- Digital Subtitles: English SDH, French Canadian, Latin Spanish
- Digital & DVD Captions: English
Now, let’s talk about The Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron 4K UHD in-home release!
They will be available digitally on July 31, 2018, and physically on August 14, 2018.
The Avengers Synopsis:
Marvel makes cinematic history as the Super Hero team of a lifetime assemble for the first time ever in this action-packed blockbuster! Packed with spectacular visual effects, Marvel’s The Avengers will blow your mind and now for the first time on 4K Ultra HD!
Avengers: Age of Ultron Synopsis:
Good intentions wreak havoc when Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) unwittingly creates Ultron, an A.I. monster who vows to achieve “world peace” via mass extinction. Now for the first time on 4K Ultra HD, the Avengers must reassemble to defeat him and save mankind…if they can!
Here are the specifications!
THE AVENGERS & AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON 4K UHD PRODUCT SPECS:
Digital = July 31, 2018
Blu-ray = August 14, 2015
4K Ultra HD Digital
4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital Code)
Feature Run Time:
141:09 Minutes (Ultron)
U.S.: PG-13 (bonus features not rated)
Ultra HD Specs:
The Avengers: 2160p Ultra High Definition Widescreen (1.85); English Dolby Atmos, Latin Spanish & Japanese 7.1 Dolby Digital EX, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio
Avengers: Age of Ultron: 2160p Ultra High Definition Widescreen (2.39); English Dolby Atmos, Latin Spanish & Japanese 7.1 Dolby Digital EX, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio
UHD Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish, French Canadian, Cantonese, Korean, Japanese, Traditional Chinese
The Avengers: 1080p High Definition (1.78); English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, English 2.0 Audio Descriptive, Latin Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, French Canadian 7.1 DTS HDHR Audio
Avengers: Age of Ultron: 1080p High Definition (2:40); English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, Latin Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Audio Descriptive Audio
BD Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish, French Canadian
Make sure to read our review of Avengers: Infinity War. A sequel is planned for a May 3, 2019, release.
Feel free to share your thoughts with us.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary