Celebrate 20 Years of SpongeBob at San Diego Comic-Con
Nickelodeon is inviting fans to celebrate 20 years of SpongeBob SquarePants at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, held at the San Diego Convention Center July 18-21. Bikini Bottom will come to life and feature a whole host of signings, activations, and interactive design elements.
Enter the world of Bikini Bottom at Nickelodeon’s 1800 square foot booth (#4113) on the convention floor – an immersive experience featuring the Krusty Krab, The Chum Bucket, and Mrs. Puff’s Boating School. The Krusty Krab will host an interactive game where fans will go head to head to complete food orders in a race against the clock. A replica of Mrs. Puff’s Boating School serves as an awesome photo opportunity. The Chum Bucket – towering 22 feet above the exhibit floor – is a retail area where attendees can purchase a variety of exclusive Nick gear and one-of-a-kind collectables.
The Nickelodeon booth will also feature costumed character appearances, autograph signings with SpongeBob SquarePants cast members and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles creator and executive producers, and more special appearances to be announced in the upcoming weeks.
Here is a rundown of Nickelodeon’s presence at this year’s SDCC:
SpongeBob’s Big Birthday Blowout!
Drop on the deck and flop like a fish because Nickelodeon is celebrating 20 years of SpongeBob SquarePants! Dive deep down into the making of the brand-new special, “SpongeBob’s Big Birthday Blowout!” with co-executive producers Vincent Waller and Marc Ceccarelli. Voice actors Tom Kenny (SpongeBob), Bill Fagerbakke (Patrick), Rodger Bumpass (Squidward), Carolyn Lawrence (Sandy), Mr. Lawrence (Plankton) and Clancy Brown (Mr. Krabs) will discuss what it was like to portray their characters in front of the camera for the first time in this live action-animation hybrid special. Moderated by: David Canfield (Entertainment Weekly).
To Shell and Back: An exclusive TMNT creator panel
It’s creator COWABUNGA time! Three generations of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles creators will take the stage to celebrate the history, fandom, and success of the Heroes in a Half -Shell. This exclusive history-making event will give fans rare access to co-executive producers Andy Suriano and Ant Ward (Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), executive producer Ciro Nieli (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), and legendary TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman. United for the first time, these award-winning creators will answer fan questions, share audience giveaways and unveil never-before-seen original TMNT art. Moderated by Mike Cecchini (Den of Geek).
DAILY BOOTH ACTIVITY
- Customized T-Shirt Station: Fans can purchase a t-shirt from the retail shop and customize it on the spot with characters and art from their choice of eight fan-favorite Nick shows: All That, SpongeBob SquarePants, Hey Arnold!, Rugrats, Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Loud House, Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra.
- Autograph Signings: Signing opportunities with: SpongeBob SquarePants voice talent and executive producers; Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ co-creator and executive producers.
- Costumed-Character Appearances: SpongeBob SquarePants and Bikini Bottom friends–Patrick Star, Sandy Cheeks, Squidward, Mr. Krabs and Pearl–will make appearances at Nick’s booth at select times during the convention.
- Retail: Attendees can purchase Comic-Con exclusive figures and collectibles, the winter edition of the Nick Box, t-shirts, and more.
- Giveaways: Enter for a chance to win special prizes over the course of the convention.
Author: Jamie Sugah
Jamie has a BA in English with a focus in creative writing from The Ohio State University. She self-published her first novel, The Perils of Long Hair on a Windy Day, which is available through Amazon. She is currently an archivist and lives in New York City with her demon ninja vampire cat. She covers television, books, movies, anime, and conventions in the NYC area.
Read our before commenting.
Please do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.