Global videogame publisher 505 Games and its partner, “internationally renowned” developer Remedy Entertainment, Plc. have announced a host of upcoming post-launch content for the “award-winning” Control. Also, is an Alan Wake tie-in possible?
I recently played Control and I enjoyed it a lot. Do make sure to read my review. The graphics are great and the gameplay is fun. So, I’m glad to see such a title getting more content.
The upcoming content for Control includes:
- Photo Mode: Remedy is working on the much-desired Photo Mode, arriving this fall free to all players, which will enable players to take awesome snapshots of Jesse in the Oldest House.
- New Game Mode: In December, the Expeditions game mode will be released, offering challenging new end-game content in which Jesse must help Security Chief Arish explore the mysterious Formation and its strange surroundings. Here you will face some of the greatest challenges the Oldest House has to throw at you. Expeditions will be free to all players.
- Expansions: In 2020, two full, paid Expansions will be released, The Foundation and AWE. Both will offer new story missions, teams, enemies and game mechanics, and will take place in new locations within the Oldest House.
- The Foundation will delve into the history of the Oldest House. At the request of the ever-mysterious Board, Jesse must explore what lies beneath the Bureau as she returns order to the Foundation and the Oldest House itself.
- The second Expansion, AWE, will take Jesse into a new area of the Oldest House, the Investigations Sector, where the Bureau closely examines Altered World Events.
Take note, the PlayStation 4 Digital Deluxe Edition ($79.99) includes both Expansions, as well as an extra side mission, “Isolation” and an additional exclusive outfit, Jesse’s Urban Response Gear.
For players who have already purchased the main game for PS4, the Season Pass is now available for pre-order, and also includes both expansions (upon release).
Of course, each Expansion will also be available to purchase individually at release, and the Season Pass and individual Expansions will be available for purchase on Xbox One and PC, following the PlayStation 4 Expansion 1 “The Foundation” release. The AWE expansion will release on all platforms on the same date.
The ‘AWE’ expansion is what has caught the attention of fans. That’s a visual from Alan Wake, right? I sure hope so.
Feel free to share your thoughts with us.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary