“Zumba Burn it Up!” Rhythm and Fitness Game Coming to Nintendo Switch This November
For those who want a game that will get their body moving, Zumba Burn it Up! will be making its way to the Nintendo Switch come November 19, 2019, in North America, and on November 22, 2019, in Europe.
From the Zumba global movement, that “brings fun to fitness with over 15-million people taking classes across 186 countries,” Zumba Burn it Up! has been published by 505 Games.
Available now for pre-order from participating retailers, Zumba Burn it Up! invites “dance enthusiasts of all ages and levels to join the fitness fun with high-energy choreography to over 30 hip-shaking jams, including chart-topping hits from Cardi B, Bad Bunny & J Balvin, Ciara, Steve Aoki, Daddy Yankee, Play-N-Skillz & Elvis Crespo, Bomba Estéreo and DJ Ricky Luna ft. Nando Boom & Hisatomi and accompanied by a catalog of heart-pounding Zumba originals guaranteed to get the party started.”
Here’s the description of the gameplay:
Using the Nintendo Switch Joy-Con controllers to track movement, Zumba Burn it Up! rewards dancers for their energy and flair, encouraging players to ‘be a little extra’ no matter where they are. Dancers will follow real-life superstar Zumba instructors on-screen across three exhilarating game modes: ‘Single Song,’ ‘Full Class’ (offered in short, medium and long sessions) and ‘Fitness Party’, accommodating up to 4 dancers in Single Song and Full Class.
The title has been developed by Kuju Games (Guitar Hero Live) and is complete with a variety of vivacious features including:
- Over 30 Songs: Dance to today’s top hits and pulsating Zumba original tracks, guaranteed to get you moving.
- Choose Your Dance Style: Pick the intensity of your workout with a choice of fresh new choreography and classic favorites including exhilarating dance styles from around the world.
- Superstar Instructors: Learn from the best! Real-life superstar instructors keep you motivated and on track.
- Stunning Live-Action Visuals: Keep it cool in stylish locations with stunning live-action visuals that respond to how you play and reward your efforts.
- Workout on the Move: Workout at home or on-the-go! No excuses – now you can fit in your favorite dance-fitness class anytime, anywhere.
- Spark the Dance Party: Up to 4 players can join the fun!
- Real Fitness Results: Choose from 30 classes that suit your fitness levels, set personal goals and share your achievements with friends.
As I’ve mentioned, Zumba Burn it Up! is currently open for pre-order. It will be available at participating retailers and digitally from the Nintendo eShop in North America on Tuesday, November 19 and in Europe on Friday, November 22nd for $39.99.
Take note, this title is fully supported on the Nintendo Switch in docked and tabletop mode. Nintendo Switch Lite owners can enjoy this title in tabletop mode by using detached Joy-Con controllers, sold separately.
Are you looking forward to dancing while using a Nintendo Switch? Let us know.
Farid has a Masters in Psychology and an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Arousing the Legacy, Missing in Somerville, The Game Master of Somerville, and The Escaped Murderer of Somerville. He gives us insight on comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Please do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.