Spanish indie publisher BlitWorks has announced that the rougelite platformer Vagante will be released on Xbox One, Series S/X, PlayStation 4/5, and the Nintendo Switch on January 27, 2022.
Vagante will be available to purchase for $14.99 USD ($13.99 EUR). It happens to be the first and only project to date to be released by the three-people North American studio Nuke Nine, together with composer Sam English.
Vagante has been described as “a very challenging class-based roguelike”. The indie game focuses on combat. The art style features desaturated but warm colors with a bit of a gritty style, influenced by titles like Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, and Vagrant Story.
With the aim being locating “an insurmountable treasure”, you are able to join up to 3 other friends locally or online to explore dangerous dungeons and face numerous monsters.
Here’s the trailer!
Judging from the trailer, there seems to be a chaotic feel to the action-oriented gameplay. I think things will get very crowded onscreen when you’re playing this game with 3 other friends and facing a bunch of enemies while dodging traps and other contraptions. Having said that, the scene where the tiny heroic characters are gathered around a campfire does look very cozy.
The Key Features include:
- Support for up to 4 players Local and Online Co-op – You should work together to complete tough challenges.
- Class-based, Choose How You Play – Players are allowed to select a unique class, skin, and background for their characters. The characters are also customizable. The customization options increase as you continue playing.
- Procedurally Generated Dungeons – There’s a lot of replayability due to the procedurally generated levels.
- Permadeath and permanent specializations unlock system – While tough, the gameplay is supposed to be rewarding in a fair manner. The more you play, the better your character skills will become. It’s all about learning what works for your playstyle and what doesn’t.
- Enchanted Items – There are numerous magical items that allow you to benefit from powerful enchantments and game-changing abilities.
- Discover Secrets – There’s a lot for players to explore. You can keep track of unlocked classes, backgrounds, music, and more in the Book of Secrets.
- Explore a Rich World – There are four unique areas each with its own set of dangers including monsters, unique bosses, and traps.
BlitWorks noticed this game’s growing fanbase and decided to help port and publish the title to consoles. Based in Barcelona, BlitWorks was founded in 2012. You can learn more about BlitWorks by visiting the official website and following them on Twitter.
For those interested, Vagante is also available on Steam/PC. As of writing this post, the PC version is priced at $6.99 USD.
Have you played Vagante?
Let us know.
(via press release)
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary