For those, like me, eagerly waiting for the highly-enjoyable Downton Abbey film to be available on Digital and Blu-ray, the wait is almost over. The title will begin its home release rollout this November!
Downton Abbey: The Motion Picture will be available on Digital come November 26, 2019, and on Blu-ray as well as DVD on December 17, 2019. If you have someone who is a fan of this British drama series, you now know what to gift them during the holiday season!
From Focus Features, there’s no doubt this movie, a continuation of the highly-acclaimed series, performed way better than expected. There have been certain talks about a sequel being in the works. However, nothing has been officially announced as of yet.
To sweeten the deal, the upcoming home release will come with numerous bonus features for fans to enjoy. We are getting a full commentary track. I can’t wait!
The Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital Extra Content:
- Deleted Scenes
- Cast Conversations – Exclusive roundtable interviews with the cast.
- Upstairs Cast
- Downstairs Cast
- The Royal Visit – A look at how the royal visit proved to be an ambitious event both on and behind the camera.
- True to the Twenties – Fans of Downton Abbey are charmed by the sheer grandeur of the aristocracy in the early 20th Century. Learn how this show maintains a reputation of being true to the time period.
- Welcome to Downton Abbey – A behind-the-scenes look at the grandeur of Highclere Castle and how it serves as a cornerstone in the franchise.
- The Brilliance of Julian Fellowes – Writer Julian Fellowes has created a story and beloved characters that resonate with people across the world. This piece celebrates Julian’s brilliant creativity and reveals his approach to bringing the series to the big screen.
- Downton Abbey Series Recap* – Whether you’re new or just need a refresher, this series recap will catch you up on the story so far.
- Feature Commentary with Director Michael Engler
*Available only on Blu-ray and iTunes
Make sure to read our written review of the film.
I even did an entire video review where I focused more on Thomas Barrow’s queer romance story.
As of writing this, the movie has been able to gross more than $180 million at the worldwide box office against a production budget in the $13-20 million range. Wow!
I hope we get a confirmation about the sequel soon.
Feel free to share your thoughts with us.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary