“The Girl In The Spider’s Web” Gets Digital, Blu-ray & DVD Release Dates For 2019!
Fans of Golden Globe and Emmy-winner Claire Foy can watch her in the action-heavy role of Lisbeth Salander when The Girl in the Spider’s Web releases next year. The next chapter of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo franchise will be available on Digital and Movies Anywhere January 22, 2019, and on Blu-ray and DVD February 5, 2019, courtesy of Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.
The Girl in the Spider’s Web is the film adaptation of the fourth book in the Millennium series. It has been directed by Fede Álvarez. Along with Claire Foy, it also stars Sverrir Gudnason (Borg vs. McEnroe), Lakeith Stanfield (Get Out), Sylvia Hoeks (Blade Runner 2049) and Stephen Merchant (Logan).
The upcoming home releases will feature behind-the-scenes content, deleted scenes, and more. The four featurettes include ‘All About the Stunts,’ ‘Claire Foy: Becoming Lisbeth,’ ‘Secrets of the Salander Sisters,’ and ‘Creating the World: The Making Of.’
Here’s what you can expect:
- From self-driving cars to driving a motorcycle over a river of ice, “All About the Stunts” details the most action-packed moments from the film broken down step-by-step showing the storyboards, rehearsals and more.
- In “Claire Foy: Becoming Lisbeth,” the award-winning actress gives an in-depth and personal account of what the character Lisbeth means to her and what she brought to her in this film.
- Led by Claire Foy, Sylvia Hoeks and Fede Alvarez, “Secrets of the Salander Sisters” gives an inside look into the complex and captivating relationship between Lisbeth and Camilla and how it was brought to life on the screen.
- Lastly, “Creating the World: The Making Of” takes a look into how the book was adapted for this film and showcases how the dark and gritty world was broken down so that the characters stayed true to the book.
Check out the synopsis:
Claire Foy (“The Crown”) stars in a new Dragon Tattoo story as Lisbeth Salander, the highly-skilled vigilante from the acclaimed Millennium book series. Salander and journalist Mikael Blomkvist find themselves caught in a web of spies, cybercriminals and corrupt government officials, as they race to rescue a dangerous program capable of global destruction held by shadowy figures linked to Lisbeth’s past.
Directed by Fede Álvarez and screenplay by Jay Basu & Fede Álvarez and Steven Knight, THE GIRL IN THE SPIDER’S WEB is based on the novel written by David Lagercrantz. The film was produced by Scott Rudin, Eli Bush, Ole Søndberg, Soren Stærmose, Berna Levin, Amy Pascal and Elizabeth Cantillon; with Arnon Milchan, Robert J. Dohrmann, David Fincher, Line Winther, Skyum Funch, Johannes Jensen and Anni Faurbye Fernandez as executive producers. THE GIRL IN THE SPIDER’S WEB is a Columbia Pictures and Metro Goldwyn Mayer Pictures presentation.
The Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Bonus Materials Include:
- Feature and Deleted Scenes Audio Commentaries with Director Fede Álvarez and Screenwriter Jay Basu.
- Four featurettes:
- “Claire Foy: Becoming Lisbeth”
- “All About the Stunts”
- “Secrets of the Salander Sisters”
- “Creating the World: The Making Of”
- Eight Deleted Scenes
Released in the U.S on November 9, 2018, The Girl in the Spider’s Web has an approximate runtime of 117 minutes. It is rated R for violence, language, and some sexual content/nudity.
Feel free to share your thoughts with us.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary