After last week’s intense episode, ‘Prey’ worked on setting things up for the Cody family. Pearce continued to keep an eye on the Cody brothers, but will he be able to catch them? We will have to wait and see.
I was provided a screener for ‘Prey.’ The opinions are my own.
This week’s episode of Animal Kingdom season 3 opened with Pope clearly angry about J’s inability to kick Billy out of the house. I don’t trust Billy and I can’t understand why J hasn’t told him to leave. Pope also wants Mia gone but that hasn’t happened yet either. Poor Pope. He can’t seem to keep his brothers and nephew away from dangerous people. Add Lena’s bad behavior in school to all of this and Pope has a lot on his shoulders. I shouldn’t feel sorry for murdering criminals but the writers of this series sure make it tough not to care.
Billy and Deran finally talked. I was glad to know Billy had no issues with his son being gay. In fact, he even gave Deran some advice about living life to the fullest by riding as well as giving rides to lots of men. It was a weird conversation but you could tell Billy was genuinely trying to form a connection with Deran. He even planted some seeds in son’s mind about how Smurf should have left Deran in charge instead of J. Will Deran undermine J’s current authority? I hope not because I like their relationship.
‘Prey’ showed both Deran and J help each other. Deran asked his nephew to help him with taxes while J went to Deran to figure out what to do with a risky tenant. The relationship between the two has progressed a lot since the first season and I look forward to seeing their bond grow.
Talking about other relationships, how do you all feel about Deran hooking up with Clark? Wasn’t Adrian supposed to be back in town or has he returned to competitive surfing already? Kudos to the Animal Kingdom writing team for showing a very intimate scene between Deran and Clark, but I couldn’t stop wondering about Adrian. I get that Adrian and Deran aren’t exclusive. However, Clark doesn’t know about Adrian. I guess we should prepare ourselves for some relationship drama from Clark’s side because we all know Adrian is going to be very chill about Deran hooking up with someone else when he isn’t around.
Some thoughts and questions
- So, Craig has always been a disappointment to Smurf? He really needs to get his act together and take responsibility for his actions.
- J not picking up Smurf’s call from jail is not going to end well for him.
- What’s it going to take to make Mia feel scared? She didn’t even blink an eye when Pope threatened her.
- Nicky continues to make things worse for herself. Leave the Cody residence and find a job! You will not regret it!
- Pope needs to take Lena to see a counselor. That little girl needs all the help she can get.
- While what they did was still wrong, I was glad to know Deran and J didn’t shoot the old tenant.
- The ratings are steady. Renew this show for a fourth season already, TNT!
What did you think of Animal Kingdom this week? Did you enjoy ‘Prey’? Let us know.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary