Ben 10, Rick and Morty, The Powerpuff Girls, And More! Get Ready For New Products This Year!
Cartoon Network Enterprises has a lot of surprises in store for fans in 2018. Products cover franchises such as The Powerpuff Girls (celebrating its 20th Anniversary this year), Ben 10, Rick and Morty, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, We Bare Bears, and more!
Cartoon Network Enterprises, in partnership with new and existing licensing partners, is sure to keep you looking forward to some awesome collectibles and toys all year around. An assortment of the new offerings will be on display at the NY Toy Fair.
“We have partnered with the best in class to mark key milestones for Cartoon Network including The Powerpuff Girls, Ben 10, Steven Universe and We Bare Bears. From LEGO building sets to Playmates Toys action figures to updated collectibles across all of our beloved brands, each have captured the spirit and tone our fans share and delight in for each of these properties,” said Pete Yoder, vice president, Cartoon Network Enterprises for North America.
Let’s go over what you can expect to see!
Cartoon Network debuted the reboot of the very popular Ben 10 franchise in the US in 2017. Since then, the Ben Tennyson-starring series has gone on to deliver top ratings with “the toy line from global master toy partner Playmates Toys consistently a top 3 boys action figure SKU at Toys”R”Us throughout 2017.”
Ben’s newly Omni-Enhanced™ aliens debut in season 2 premiering Monday, February 19.
The new Ben 10 licensing partners and partnership expansions include:
- Global master toy partner Playmates Toys will expand its toy line in 2018 to include an all-new assortment of action figures, feature-driven deluxe figures, Omnitrix-inspired role play and more.
- Rubies is launching an assortment of Ben 10 dress up / role play outfits in Fall 2018 across all channels. Ben 10 Halloween costumes and accessories will also be available at specialty Halloween retailers and online starting August 2018.
- Toy Factory will introduce a new collection of Ben 10 plush toys in March 2018 for outdoor and traveling amusement venues, as well as family entertainment centers.
The Powerpuff Girls
The new licensing partners for The Powerpuff Girls include:
- The LEGO® Group will issue two new and exciting building sets featuring Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup allowing children, and fans of all ages, to recreate the superheroes’ action-packed adventures.
We Bare Bears, Adventure Time, and Steven Universe
The new partners include:
- Monogram Direct will launch We Bare Bears 3D Foam Key Ring Blind Bags. Each blind bag comes with one randomly selected, highly-detailed 3D figural key ring of the beloved cartoon characters and the collection includes two harder-to-find chase figures.
- In May 2018, Tastemakers, LLC will introduce Steven Universe Micro Pozers Series 1 – the first toy in the new category of Tactile Collectibles. These collectibles are bendable and have magnetic hands and feet!
- Kidrobot will release its Adventure Time line items in April 2018, including Adventure Time Fresh 2 Death Mini-Series and BMO Medium Figure.
Check out all the awesome images!
Fans of Adult Swim can expect some goodies too. Adult Swim and Cartoon Network Enterprises are heading into the NY Toy Fair “with an expanded licensee program around the award-winning comedy series Rick and Morty.” The upcoming releases will include new Funko collectibles, construction sets, games, and more!
The new Rick and Morty licensing partners and partnership expansions include:
- Funko will expand its Rick and Morty Mystery Minis Blind Box Series, Galactic Plushies, and Blind Bag Keychain Plush collections. Additionally, the company will debut Rick and Morty Dorbz in 2018.
- KIDdesign will launch an iHome Rick and Morty co-branded line of consumer electronics including headphones, earphones, speakers, and smartphone and tablet accessories. The product will be available across electronic, specialty and online stores starting Fall 2018.
- Rick and Morty taps Kurt S. Adler, a leading vendor in the holiday décor industry, to bring holiday ornaments and Christmas stockings designed for teens, tweens and young adults to specialty, seasonal and online retailers for Holiday 2018.
- Following the successful first Rick and Morty construction line series now available, McFarlane Toys is expanding its collection of brick building toys that allows collectors and fans to build their favorite scenes and characters. The second series of all-new highly detailed and realistic construction sets featuring buildable Rick and Morty figures will be available in August 2018.
- Monogram Direct will launch Rick and Morty Series 1 – 3D Foam Key Ring Blind Bags. Each blind bag comes with one randomly selected, highly-detailed 3D figural key ring of the beloved cartoon characters and the collection includes two harder-to-find chase figures.
- Toy Factory will launch a new collection of Rick and Morty plush toys in March 2018 for outdoor and traveling amusement venues, as well as family entertainment centers.
- Expanding its successful Rick and Morty games, puzzles and collectible coin bank offering, USAopoly will introduce Risk, Trivial Pursuit and Yahtzee and two new collector’s puzzles in 2018.
Check out the Rick and Morty images!
“Adult Swim has a fervent fan base who expect to engage with their favorite properties in their daily lives. As we continue to expand Rick and Morty product offerings and enter new categories, we are assuring the portal will never be closed to them,” said Pete Yoder, vice president, Cartoon Network Enterprises for North America.
Samurai Jack fans will be glad to know USAopoly’s Project Raygun division is set to debut a new Samurai Jack board game in 2018. Samurai Jack: Back to the Past is “the first hobby game that allows fans to relive the story of Samurai Jack in a tabletop experience.”
Which products are you most looking forward to? Let us know.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary