Fans of Adult Swim’s popular Rick and Morty animated series can look forward to owning the latest season when Rick and Morty season 5 becomes available on Blu-ray Steelbook, Blu-ray, and DVD come December 7, 2021.
From creators Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon, the upcoming home release of Rick and Morty: The Complete Fifth Season, from WBHE, will include all 10 episodes from the most recent installment as well as bonus content including the never-before-seen featurette – “Fighting Gravity”: The Making of Season 5. Exclusive to the set, fans will be able to follow co-creator Dan Harmon and the crew as they reflect on the challenges of completing this season in the middle of a pandemic.
Rick and Morty: The Complete Fifth Season will be priced to own at $24.98 SRP for the DVD ($29.98 in Canada), $29.98 SRP for the Blu-ray ($39.99 in Canada), $39.99 SRP for the Blu-ray Steelbook ($44.98 in Canada). The entire fifth season of Rick and Morty is currently available to own on Digital via purchase from digital retailers.
The Bonus Features:
- “Fighting Gravity”: The Making of Season 5 (Exclusive to Set): In this deep dive discussion, co-creator Dan Harmon and the crew reflect on the challenges of completing this season in the middle of a pandemic and the creative process behind the story’s biggest revelations.
- “Inside the Episode”: For every episode from Season 5
- B-Story Generator Vol. 1: Co-creator Dan Harmon and writer Rob Schrab reach into their box of random ideas to conjure up hilarious side stories.
- B-Story Generator Vol. 2: Co-creator Dan Harmon and writer Rob Schrab return to brainstorm even more ludicrous side stories.
- Backgrounds: The show’s artists give fans a jaw-dropping look at the amazingly detailed environments packed into every episode.
- Animation and Compositing: Crafting the show’s visuals is a complex process and the crew is here to show fans why.
- Coloring Rick and Morty: Get an in-depth look at how the crew uses vibrant color to create fantastic alien worlds.
- Directing ‘Mortyplicity’: An inside look at the evolution of this ambitious and action-packed episode, from initial storyboards to final product.
- Directing ‘Rickmurai Jack’: A behind-the-scenes look at one visualization of one of the most ambitious episodes in the series’ history.
- Season 5 Hype: Dan Harmon and the writers give you a taste of what’s in store for Rick and Morty’s wildest season yet.
That’s definitely a whole lot of extra content for fans to enjoy. As for the 10 (22 Minutes long) episodes, they are:
- Mort Dinner Rick Andre
- A Rickconvenient Mort
- Rickdependence Spray
- Amortycan Grickfitti
- Rick & Morty’s Thanksploitation Spectacular
- Gotron Jerrysis Rickvangelion
- Rickternal Friendshine of the Spotless Mort
- Forgetting Sarick Mortshall
- Rickmurai Jack
The Blu-ray and DVD will be presented in 16×9 widescreen format. The running time comes in at approximately 220 minutes with the Enhanced Content coming in at approximately 44 minutes.
I didn’t get into Rick and Morty when it first debuted back in December of 2013. However, when I did begin watching it years later, I became a fan. Do read my review of the Blu-ray release of Rick and Morty season 4.
The fifth season began airing on June 20, 2021, and ended on September 5, 2021. And there are still more seasons to come!
(via press release)
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary