Don’t Starve Mega Pack Coming To PS4 and XBox One This April
Indie publisher 505 Games and developer Klei Entertainment have announced the Don’t Starve Mega Pack, which contains the original Don’t Starve, the Don’t Starve Together multiplayer add-on, and the game expansions. The upcoming mega pack will be released this April!
The Don’t Starve Mega Pack will hit retail stores for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on April 17, 2018, in North America and April 20, 2018, in Europe. “Budding survivalists can also look forward to great savings as the Don’t Starve Mega Pack is priced at $29.99, a 25% discount over purchasing the game and individual expansions separately.”
Check out the fun trailer!
Here’s what you can expect from the upcoming mega pack:
- Don’t Starve Together – A standalone multiplayer expansion to Don’t Starve where players must team up with their friends to gather resources and craft survival items, or strike out against their own, to last the nights.
- Reign of Giants – An expansion pack that brings new characters, environments, and beasts to the worlds of Don’t Starve and Don’t Starve Together! Reign of Giants brings new mysteries, scientific innovations, resources and massive creatures of the wilderness to either help you or kill Wilson and his companions;
- Shipwrecked – A single player story expansion in which players will find themselves stranded on a tropical archipelago and must learn to survive all over again with new biomes, seasons, creatures, resources and recipes to discover, craft and survive against.
Furthermore, the upcoming mega pack will also include “a custom controller skin (retail value $9.99) featuring high quality, full-color art of the distinctive creatures and inhabitants from the beloved franchise.”
Here’s the official synopsis:
In Don’t Starve, players take on the role of Wilson – a Gentleman Scientist who is trapped in a mysterious world by a demon – and must learn to exploit their environment and its inhabitants in order to return home. Contending against randomly generated worlds filled with dark and eccentric visuals and a full range of environmental hazards that only a full year of seasons can bring. To survive, players must explore the world to discover its’ mysteries, gather a variety of resources and craft items and structures that match their survival style – all without instructions, help or hand-holding.
Console survivalists will be able to enjoy “exclusive features such as split-screen local co-op so they can grab a controller with a friend and explore the depths of the wild together without connecting online.”
If you buy the mega pack on PlayStation 4, you’ll get two PS4 dynamic themes.
- The Shipwrecked theme: Set sail and head to the tropical high seas with Wilson who has found himself in troubled waters. This fully animated theme from Don’t Starve: Shipwrecked is scored with official music and drawn in the game’s signature style.
- Autumn Theme: Wilson survives in Autumn in this animated theme from Don’t Starve. Scored with official music and drawn in the game’s signature style.
Gamers will be able to purchase the Mega Pack from major retailers, including GameStop, Best Buy, Amazon, and Walmart.
Have you played Don’t Starve? Share your thoughts with us.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary