Multiplayer 3D Game “Throne of Lies” Raising Funds Through Kickstarter!
Imperium42 Game Studio has created a Kickstarter campaign to gain funds for Throne of Lies: The Online Game of Lies & Deceit. The campaign will end on 24 February 2017, with the game currently having an expected release sometime this year.
Here’s an official synopsis:
The objective in Throne of Lies is simple: Discover who can be trusted … and dispose of the rest. Corrupt royals are welcomed into the golden halls of the mysterious Castle Adiart, while exiles are thrown into a desolate wasteland never to be seen again. Should the Good King of Blue Dragon remain on the throne — or should the Corrupt King of Black Rose take the throne instead?
To achieve victory, deploy the most valuable weapon of all: your wits. In online sessions of up to 15 players, you must decide who to befriend, deceive, and destroy to make it out alive. Alliances will be formed, assassinations will be planned, and betrayal will come to light — even with trusted allies. Every playthrough brings a new, unique, and intense multiplayer experience.
Players begin their journey in Castle Adiart, where they are randomly assigned to one of the four factions:
* Blue Dragon – which relies on investigators to determine who is friend … and who is foe
* Black Rose – which can identify other members and communicate at night
* Neutral – which has a unique objective but cannot communicate at night
* Cult – which can recruit members from other factions and communicate at night with other members (with the exception of the Black Rose faction)
With more than 100 class abilities (e.g, Distract, Construct Reality, Bind Soul) and 30+ different class combinations to choose from, it’s easy to craft unique and effective strategies to further your claim to the throne.
With an intricate Day and Night phase system, Throne of Lies features different events that can take place depending on the time of day and a player’s faction. During the Day, players can discuss, accuse, and execute those who may be guilty of committing treason. At Night, secret meetings and murder can take place! If your faction wins, you gain “gp” (gold) and “xp” (experience) — which unlock new skins, weapons, armor, auras, and more.
Unfortunately for the living, dead men do tell tales in Throne of Lies. The dead can keep enjoying the game by revealing deaths, chatting with other dead players, and playing a mini-game to reveal information to the living.
I don’t know about you all, but the fact that you can continue playing as a dead character and potentially mess things up for the living sounds awesome.
Check out the trailer!
Here’s what Dylan Hunt, Imperium42’s founder and lead developer, had to say:
“Throne of Lies takes social deduction games to new heights with online multiplayer — along with high-end 3D graphics and music. If you like strategy or role-playing games such as Werewolf/Mafia or even Sherlock Holmes, you’ll love playing Throne of Lies with your friends.”
The key features include:
* Choice-driven gameplay: Will you choose to hide in the shadows or destroy those who get in your way? It’s up to you!
* Deep class system: Discover over 100 class abilities and 30+ different class combinations.
* Unique Day/Night system: Shed light on those you can trust by Day — and dispose of the rest by Night!
* No pay-to-win unlocks: Earn traditional/full skins, new weapons, armor, and even auras as you advance.
* Online multiplayer: Join in sessions with up to 15 players; interrogate, betray, befriend, and kill others to defeat opposing factions.
* Creativity counts: Taunt your enemies by leaving “Deathnotes” (drawn with blood and ink) with bodies.
* It’s good to be King: Rise up to inherit the throne once the King has been killed!
* Stylish justice: Execute those convicted of treason using any equipped weapon.
If funded, Throne of Lies will initially launch on Windows. The Linux and Mac ports will be released later.
What do you think of Throne of Lies? Will you be backing it? Let us know.
Farid has a Masters in Psychology and an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Arousing the Legacy, Missing in Somerville, The Game Master of Somerville, and The Escaped Murderer of Somerville. He gives us insight on comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Please do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.