Fans of Diana can relive the adventures of the Amazonian princess because Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will be releasing the Wonder Woman: Commemorative Edition this May!
With Diana’s 75th Anniversary, and a live-action solo film on the way, a re-release of her 2009 animated film was a given and I’m all for it. The entire world needs to know how great she is as a character.
The Wonder Woman: Commemorative Edition will be available on Blu-ray Combo Pack ($24.98 SRP) and DVD ($19.98 SRP) starting May 16, 2017. The Blu-ray Combo Pack includes copies of the film on Blu-ray Disc, DVD and Digital HD. It’ll be released on Digital HD on May 2, 2017.
Check out the trailer!
Here’s the official synopsis:
On the mystical island of Themyscira, a proud and fierce warrior race of Amazons have raised a princess of untold beauty, grace and strength – Diana. When U.S. fighter pilot Steve Trevor crash-lands on the island, the rebellious and headstrong Diana defies Amazonian law by accompanying Trevor back to civilization. Meanwhile, Ares (the God of War) has escaped his imprisonment at the hands of the Amazonians and has decided to exact his revenge by starting a World War that will last for centuries and wipe out every living being on the planet, starting with the Amazons. It is up to Diana to save her people and the world – by using her gifts and becoming the ultimate Wonder Woman!
Comic book fans might remember the plot from Diana’s Gods and Mortals arc.
Keri Russell voices Diana/Wonder Woman. The cast also includes Nathan Fillion as Steve Trevor, Alfred Molina as Ares, Rosario Dawson as Artemis, Virginia Madsen as Hippolyta, David McCallum as Zeus, Marg Helgenberger as Hera, Oliver Platt as Hades, and Vicki Lewis as Persephone.
Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment, Wonder Woman: Commemorative Edition is directed by Lauren Montgomery (Batman: Year One, Justice League Doom, Voltron) from a story by Gail Simone (Birds of Prey, Secret Six) and Michael Jelenic (Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Teen Titans Go!). The screenplay is by Jelenic. Sam Register serves as executive producer, while Bruce Timm (Batman: The Killing Joke, Batman: The Animated Series) serves as producer.
The animated film has a runtime of 74 minutes. The order due date is April 11, 2017.
The upcoming re-release also includes extra content for fans to enjoy.
- Featurette – What Makes A Wonder Woman: For 75 years, Wonder Woman has resonated with audiences because of her loving nature and quest for truth. Hear some of her biggest fans and fellow creators discuss how her qualities have crafted her into the icon we know today.
- Sneak Peek – Batman and Harley Quinn: Sneak peek at the next DC Universe Original Movie, Batman and Harley Quinn, featuring the talented creators and voice cast.
- Creative Team Commentary: Scene and film analysis by producers Bruce Timm & Gregory Noveck, director Lauren Montgomery and screenwriter Michael Jelenic.
- Featurette – Wonder Woman: A Subversive Dream – A definitive look at a psychologist’s dream, and the rich history of one of the pillars of DC Comics.
- Featurette – Wonder Woman: Daughter of Myth – This revealing documentary explores the archetype and tradition of the female DC Comics Super Hero.
I’m excited for the Wonder Woman: Commemorative Edition. Fingers crossed we get more Diana-centric animated films in the near future.
Diana’s live-action film starring Gal Gadot has a June 2, 2017 release date. You can join the fun of talking about Diana’s past, present, and future using #WonderWoman75
Are you a fan of Wonder Woman? Let us know.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary