May the fourth be with you, fellow fangirls! It’s Star Wars day, which doesn’t really mean anything except that Star Wars is awesome, but that’s true everyday. Also Star Wars is on the cover of Vanity Fair, and I’m going to need one of my US-based friends to get me one of those because if there is something I have realized in the past six months it’s this: I am Star Wars trash, and I will always be Star Wars trash.
In honor of Star Wars day, here’s the Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer recut Top Gun style.
Now I hate to promote anything Michael Bay is involved in because he’s literal evil, but then Stephen Amell – so here’s the first look at Amell as Casey Jones in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2. (via Comic Book Resources)
Image Source: michaelbay.com
Matt LeBlanc re-enacts Joey’s songs from Friends on The Graham Norton Show. (via Hypable)
SNL did a hilarious and heartbreakingly relevant skit about the MCU’s treatment of Black Widow. It’s a parody trailer called Black Widow: Age of Me. It will make you laugh until you cry, and then you won’t be able to stop crying because there’s still no Black Widow movie and Age of Ultron was a thing. (As a side note, I would watch the crap out of a romantic comedy set in the MCU).
The movie hasn’t even started shooting yet but there’s already a Civil War in the Marvel fandom, and this Tumblr post perfectly sums up both sides of the argument.
David Ayer tweeted the first look at Task Force X assembled for Suicide Squad.
— David Ayer (@DavidAyerMovies) May 3, 2015
J.K. Rowling celebrated the anniversary of the Battle of Hogwarts by apologizing for Fred’s death (as she should).
Today I would just like to say: I’m really sorry about Fred. *Bows head in acceptance of your reasonable ire*
— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) May 2, 2015
Here’s the first look at Jean Grey and Jubilee looking 80s in X-Men Apocalypse.
A photo posted by Bryan Singer (@bryanjaysinger) on
In Other News:
- Torchwood is coming back in a series of audio plays! John Barrowman will be returning as Captain Jack Harkness in six audio dramas from Big Finish. (via Nerdist)
- Laura Linney is joining Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- Your new favorite blog is S*** People Say to Women Directors & Other Women in Film. It does what it says on the box and you really just want to go read it now!
- Red Dwarf is returning for two new seasons in 2016 and 2017! (via The Daily Dot)
- Batgirl will be a playable character in Batman: Arkham Knight. (via The Mary Sue)
- The Mortal Instruments TV series has cast Simon and Isabelle. Alberto Rosende will play Simon while Emeraude Toubia will play Isabelle Lightwood. (via Hypable)
- Supernatural fans are trying to get a spin-off called Wayward Daughters – read all about it here.
- The Organisation of Transformative Works – those behind Ao3 and many other projects – is currently fundraising! Donate here!
Finally I have to ask, how come they haven’t renewed Agent Carter yet?
Author: Undie Girl
Undie Girl (aka Von) has a BA (Hons) Major in Cultural Studies. The title of her honours thesis was “It’s just gay and porn”: Power, Identity and the Fangirl’s Gaze. She’s currently pursuing a Masters of Media Practice at University of Sydney. Von’s a former contributor The Backlot’s column The Shipping News and a current co-host of The Geekiary’s monthly webcast FEELINGS… with The Geekiary.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary