Hayley Atwell is and continues to be the greatest person in the existence of everything. To be perfectly honest, I am tempted to post her entire Twitter feed in this post because it’s all gold. I will show some restraint, but I will say that she told audiences at Comicpalooza in Houston that Agent Carter Season 2 will be two episodes longer and much lighter in tone. Okay, maybe just one tweet:
— Hayley Atwell (@HayleyAtwell) May 24, 2015
About to embark on a global press blitz for #JurassicWorld. Saw it last night and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!! This is a motion picture so beautifully executed by Colin Trevorrow and the people at Universal it left me utterly speechless. It’s a huge project in every aspect, a massive commercial undertaking that should be witnessed in IMAX theatre if possible based simply on the magnitude of its technological accomplishment. The story is fantastic, the characters compelling, theaction is earned and truly unprecedented. Grab your kids, family, friends, girlfriends, boyfriends, grandparents, mailmen, etc., get some popcorn and create a memory y’all will cherish forever. NOW…. Needless to say you will be seeing A LOT of me in the press in the next few weeks as I circle the globe promoting the movie in different markets around the world. With social media the way it is and click bait marketing online you will have a front row seat to all of the promotional action if you so chose. There will be a lot. Dare I say too much if you actually take the time to watch it all!? I suggest you don’t. But that’s up to you. If it gets old or you grow weary of my face just remember, you could always do what I did while waiting for the original Jurassic Park to open, go outside and play with imaginary dinosaurs! They are the best and they are free!!! And after your children, little brothers, little sisters, nephews, grandchildren, weird neighbor kids, and others, etc. finish seeing our movie that’s what they will be doing anyways so practice now! Take science, add a dash of imagination, 40 thousand tons of suspense and you get an experience that defines a generation! #JURASSICWORLD Well. See you in the press! Love you. -Chris
PS. I write this crap. Not a publicist or the studio. Me. So it definitely has my seal of approval.
Arnold Schwarzenegger blowing up a bunch of stuff! (via Buzzfeed)
Matt Fraction on Late Night with Seth Meyers (and IT WAS AMAZING – he refers to Clint as a “human crapsack tirefire”).
Mario Kart: Fury Road.
I know I said no more Game of Thrones but since this is for a good cause I figure it gets a pass.
Father/Son Star Wars Cantina music jam! (via The Mary Sue)
Unbreakable Mad Max: Fury Road. (via The Daily Dot)
Batkid Begins Trailer. (via The Daily Dot)
The Supernatural Parody by The Hillywood Show is THE BEST THING ON THE INTERNET.
Community perfectly and lovingly recreated the elevator ambush scene from Captain America: The Winter Soldier. It’s beautiful. If you’re not still watching Community, you’re missing out.
Drunk Acting with Chris Pratt.
A Tribute to Supernatural Conventions.
This one’s for my mom: A Very Murray Christmas Special.
There was a Buffy the Vampire Slayer reunion on Sarah Michelle Gellar’s Instagram.
So this girl (#AlysonHannigan) and her husband (#AlexisDenisof) know how to throw a party. I thought I was good with the crafts, till I went to this party #CraftMaster Thanks for having the #PrinzeFamily I’ve never seen a farm and pony rides in Santa Monica before #NowIveSeenItAll
A photo posted by Sarah Michelle (@sarahmgellar) on
Carmilla Season 2 tease!
In Other News:
- Amy Schumer is set to write and star in a Mother/Daughter comedy, and you can just sign me up for it right now. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- Reese Witherspoon is going to be Tinker Bell in Disney’s latest live-action adaptation. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- The Twin Peaks revival is happening, again. David Lynch is back on board and Showtime is charging forward with 18 episodes set to start filming in September. (via The Mary Sue)
- Scott Patterson, who played Luke on Gilmore Girls, told the Gilmore Guys podcast that Rory should have ended up with Dean, not Jess. Well, I guess everyone’s entitled to their opinion, even when their opinion is wrong. (via Buzzfeed)
- George Miller’s Justice League movie-that-almost-was is getting a documentary. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- WeLoveFine’s Spider-Gwen collection is ON POINT! (via The Mary Sue)
- Also Emma Stone would totally be interested in a Spider-Gwen movie, and now if it doesn’t happen my heart will break. (via ComicBook.com)
- EVERYONE freaked out about Matthew Lewis’s sexy photoshoot for Attitude, especially J.K. Rowling. (via The Mary Sue)
Finally if you missed Eurovision over the weekend, Katsstories on Tumblr has the perfect recap: the Eurovision Yearbook Awards.
Author: Undie Girl
Undie Girl (aka Von) has a BA (Hons) Major in Cultural Studies. The title of her honours thesis was “It’s just gay and porn”: Power, Identity and the Fangirl’s Gaze. She’s currently pursuing a Masters of Media Practice at University of Sydney. Von’s a former contributor The Backlot’s column The Shipping News and a current co-host of The Geekiary’s monthly webcast FEELINGS… with The Geekiary.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary