Behaviour Interactive, GAEA, and HBO have announced that the upcoming mobile game Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall will officially launch exclusively first on the App Store for iPhone and iPad come March 26, 2020.
According to the press release, “the highly-anticipated mobile strategy RPG” has been able to surpass more than 1 million pre-orders. All players who signed up for pre-orders will be treated with an exclusive milestone reward of 10 Shards for the character Daenerys Breaker of Chains.
I talked about this game being a thing back in June of 2019.
Details about two popular characters were shared in September of 2019. It was also around that time the pre-registration process opened for fans. And yes, I have already pre-registered.
In the upcoming game, you take command of the Night’s Watch to defend Westeros. The featured story is an original one and involves the mysteries surrounding Beyond the Wall and the Three-Eyed Raven. You will be able to recruit original characters as well as fan favorites from the GoT franchise. The story will take place fifty years before the incredibly popular HBO series. Of course, characters will have a set of unique skills and abilities.
The Key Features include:
- The Whispering Woods – Using the magic of the weirwood trees, players explore the past, present, and future of iconic characters such as Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen, Jaime Lannister, Melisandre, and Tormund Giantsbane.
- Master the Battlefield – As the new Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch, players assemble their favorite characters from dozens of squad combinations to dominate hand-crafted battlefields in a classic grid combat system updated for mobile play.
- Command the Night’s Watch – Recruit characters from around the Known World to guard the realms of men across multiple game modes: crossbowmen from The Westerlands, scoundrels from King’s Landing, spearmen from Dorne, or exotic fighters from The Free Cities. Combine dozens of unique collectible heroes and recruits to exact unlimited battle strategies and dominate the land.
Sign-ups were opened again today. So, you can go ahead and pre-register if you wish. New rewards have been announced for 1.5, 2, and 3 million pre-orders.
These rewards include:
- 1.5M reward: 10 Carved Glyphs
- 2M reward: 90 shards of Jon Snow The Old Bear, letting the pre-order player unlock the full character.
- 3M reward: Another 100 shards of Jon Snow The Old Bear to rank up the player’s character.
Also, players who pre-order will also receive 10,000 copper pennies, 10 Shards of Jon Snow, and the Knight of the Vale as rewards.
Android users will have to wait until April 3, 2020, to play it. I mean, it’s not a long wait, but still.
As for GAEA, it’s a global interactive entertainment company with offices in Beijing, San Francisco, Tokyo, and Seoul. It was founded in September 2014.
Are you looking forward to playing the new Game of Thrones title on your mobile device?
Let us know.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary