Ares Games’ Hell Warders will be launching on Steam Early Access (Windows only) on 6 June 2017. The four player co-op action title features unique character classes and weapons.
The gameplay is being defined as “action-defense.” Hell Warders combines gameplay elements of action and tower defense genres, and pairs it up with a third-person perspective.
Check out the trailer to get a feel of the game!
Players will be tasked with defending the Nexus from demon assaults. They can play as Ash the Ember Knight or even as Dead Eye the Tained, a cannon-wielding specialist, in teams of four . Players will need to work together to find power-ups and “create an effective (and deadly) defensive perimeter.”
Here’s the official synopsis:
Fight alone or alongside soldiers with distinct abilities to withstand the might of the demon horde across a number of thematic maps – each with its unique environmental twist. Set up archers, catapults, and mages – and carefully choose *where* to place them for maximum defensive cover. However, defending only goes so far: The demon army waits for no man and will ruthlessly attack from all angles! Vanquish demons with powerful weapons, unmatched hero skills, and even deployable towers.
Defend the Nexus. Stop the demon army. Take your place as the mightiest Hell Warder of all time!
The key features of the game include:
- Action Tower Defense Mayhem: Heroes can unleash devastating abilities and deploy strategic towers in this new defense sub-genre.
- 4-Player Co-op: Combine forces and battle the legions of evil! Hell Warders supports cooperative play with friends or other fellow Warders online.
- Multiple Playable Classes: Choose from a roster of diverse heroes – each with unique skills and abilities.
- Dynamic Maps: Dodge flowing lava or fly on a giant spinning fan! Every map in Hell Warders is dynamic and opens up a ton of different strategies.
- Epic Enemies: From giant earth-shattering Wurms to magic wielding Liches, there’s no telling what else lies beyond the Gates of Hell.
Hell Warders will be available on Steam Early Access for $14.99 (Windows only). It will be released on Tuesday, June 6.
What do you think of Hell Warders? Let us know.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary