505 Games Will Be Publishing Award-Winning RPG/Simulator Hybrid, Re:Legend
505 Games will publish Re:Legend, the award-winning JRPG from Magnus Games Studios (a Kuala Lumpur-based developer). The upcoming title will be coming to Steam Early Access for PC sometime in 2018. There are additional plans for console releases on the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
I’m a fan of cute-looking RPGs that offer hours of gameplay, and Re:Legend seems ready to deliver just that. It has been described as “an all-encompassing RPG-simulator hybrid that combines farming and life-simulation mechanics with monster-raising and multiplayer features.” You’ll be able to build as well as expand your village by doing a variety of tasks which include crafting, fishing, and farming while “venturing through a dangerous world filled with challenges.”
Re:Legend was able to raise nearly $500,000 USD through Kickstarter, earning the title of the most successfully backed game in the history of Southeast Asia.
You’ll begin your adventure on Vokka Island in the land of Ethia. You’ll be tasked with starting a new life. Players will also have to find a way to recover their lost memories, “setting the stage for a great adventure as they learn to survive on the island by cultivating the land, befriending villagers, expanding and growing the village.” You’ll also be able to raise your very own magical monsters, known as “Magnus.”
The Key Features include:
- Monster-Raising – Raise mythical creatures known as “Magnus,” monsters who live in the land of Ethia, the world where Vokka Island is located. Every Magnus is tamable, aiding players in many ways such as combat, farming, fishing, traveling and much more! They will also grow differently depending on your care.
- Farming and Cultivating – Players can cultivate the farms of Vokka island to acquire food and materials for the village or themselves. Growing crops is not limited to the land, as the Vokka Island allows players to grow crops and keep exotic fish underwater!
- Combat – The World of Ethia is filled with dangerous wildlife and combat skills are essential to survive. Players can wield weapons of their desire at any given moment, without being restricted by weapon classes. Players can also mount their tamed Magnus and fight through their adventure!
- Vokka Village – Vokka Village is where new life begins! Befriend local villagers and join exciting festivals to have a good time. Pay attention to their needs and help them out in their daily lives so they can help retrieve lost memories.
- Life Skills – Practice makes perfect! Players will gain life skills as they practice them frequently. They level-up organically as activities are carried out.
- Multiplayer – Play with up to four friends and carry out your adventures together!
You find more information by visiting the Re:Legend official website.
Make sure to check out our 505 Games coverage.
Feel free to share your thoughts with us.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary