Action-RPG “Portal Knights” Launches Today in North America for PC, PS4, and Xbox One
Action-RPG Portal Knights will launch today in North America on PC (Steam), PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Enter a fantastical setting and restore peace to the world.
Keen Games developed the action-RPG and it was published by 505 Games. Portal Knights launches today in North America after the Steam’s Early Access gameplay being refined. According to the press release, Keen Games “gathered critical feedback from the community to iterate and improve Portal Knights for its official release, helping them create an imaginative 3D sandbox world with a focus on tactical action combat and RPG leveling.”
Check out the launch trailer!
New content, such as larger islands, additional timed events, and more was added for players “on a near-monthly basis for more than a year.” There are plans for more content and new features as both 505 Games and Keen Games “are committed to listening to community feedback after the game releases.”
“We want to thank everyone who participated in our Early Access phase; you were instrumental in bringing the world of Portal Knights from concept to completion,” said Antony Christoulakis, Keen Games. “Steam’s Early Access program helped us create a polished, immersive game by connecting us with our fans so we could gather their valuable feedback before bringing the game to console. We are very happy with the results, and welcome PS4 and Xbox One players to join the adventure with our official launch!”
Here’s the official synopsis:
In Portal Knights, players will begin their journey as a Warrior, Mage or Ranger, then level-up their character and craft powerful gear and resources to defeat formidable monsters and epic bosses in real-time combat. Featuring four-person cooperative online multiplayer and two-player local split-screen action, Portal Knights allows players to work with friends or family to build structures, explore dungeons and overcome challenging perils together. Knights can travel between randomly generated 3D sandbox worlds on daring journeys, build a home to show off hard-earned treasures from explorations, and master tactical action combat and powerful talents on their quest to restore peace to the world.
The key features include:
- Traveling between randomly generated 3D sandbox worlds — each one with unique environments, creatures, and resources for crafting.
- Tactical action combat. Strike your foes and dodge their attacks in fast-paced 3rd-person battles. Choose from an assortment of weapons and spells to defeat them!
- RPG character classes including warrior, ranger, and mage. Customize your appearance, abilities, and gear.
- Random Events. Adventure in an ever-changing landscape. Complete new quests and earn exclusive items in random events across the worlds.
- Mining and gathering resources from across the lands to craft your arsenal and supplies.
- Building your home with dozens of materials and furnishings. Display the hard-earned treasure from your journeys.
- Epic boss battles. Face off against the Portal Guardians, the most formidable beasts in the realm, in their twisted arenas.
- Joining your friends in 4-person cooperative multiplayer. Work together to build structures, explore dungeons, and overcome the toughest perils.
Portal Knights is available for purchase now on Steam for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. It costs $29.99 at physical retail and $19.99 digitally.
The game has been rated 10+ by the ESRB.
What are your thoughts about Portal Knights? Let us know.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Please do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.