The Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid fighting game continues to grow and offer passionate fans new content to enjoy. From developer nWay (in partnership with Hasbro, Inc., and Lionsgate), the V2.0 update provides access to online lobbies, spectator mode, and crossplay on PlayStation 4.
According to the announcement, the new addition allows up to eight players to join together in an online lobby to battle against each other. Take note; up to four different matches can run simultaneously, and all participants can spectate online while they are on deck.
The V2.0 update has allowed crossplay on the PlayStation 4. This means players across Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PC, and now PS4, can all battle each other in the same matchmaking pool from around the world.
Since it’s launch in March of 2019, I have been quite impressed with all of the content that has been released. Compared to the debut, it’s basically an entirely new game now. Players have more characters to select from, a story mode with voiceover, and so much more.
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid is currently available on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and Steam for $19.99.
I reviewed the PC/Steam version of the game. You can read it here.
“We are proud to be able to offer POWER RANGERS: Battle of the Grid players more content and features over the past several months,” shared Taehoon Kim, co-founder, and CEO of nWay. “With the latest update, the game is now exactly what we had envisioned when we started creating the title knowing that players will enjoy all of the competitive features, immersive story-lines and wide range of characters and arenas that make the game one of the best fighting games available.”
Players can now enjoy key features in the game including:
- 18 Rangers & Villains across Generations
- Standard Edition comes with 12 starting warriors, including Jason Lee Scott, Tommy Oliver, Gia Moran, Ranger Slayer, Magna Defender, Kat Manx, Mastodon Sentry, Goldar, Lord Drakkon, Cenozoic Blue Ranger, Udonna and Dragon Armor Trini.
- Season 1 Pass, which is bundled with the Collector’s Edition, comes with 3 additional warriors, including Trey of Triforia, Jen Scotts, and Lord Zedd.
- Season 2 Pass contains 3 new warriors, including Doggie “Anubis” Cruger, Eric Myers, and Dai Shi.
- 9 Arenas across Iconic Locations
- Battle against iconic locations from the series, including Zordon’s Training Room and Command Center from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Harwood County Warzone from Power Rangers Super Megaforce, Mystic Forest from Power Rangers Mystic Force, Lord Drakkon’s Throne Room from Boom! Comics’ Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Corinth from Power Rangers RPM, Planet Earth: Cenozoic Era and Tower from 2017 Movie, and Space Patrol Delta Base from Power Rangers S.P.D.
- 4 Megazords (Ultras)
- Summon Megazords and monsters, such as Dino Megazord, Dragonzord, Mega Goldar, or Delta Squad Megazord, to stage epic comebacks.
- Original Story: A Reimagining of the Shattered Grid Event
- Story Mode’s narrative is written and voice-directed by writer/director Kyle Higgins (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Shattered Grid, Nightwing, Batman: Gates of Gotham).
- The mode also features original artwork by Eisner Award-winning illustrator Dan Mora (Go Go Power Rangers, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Klaus). In Story Mode, players experience a re-imagining of the critically acclaimed Shattered Grid event from Boom! Studios’ Power Rangers comic book series.
- Voiceovers by Original Cast
- Story and combat voiceovers are performed by original Power Rangers cast members, including Jason David Frank (Tommy Oliver), Austin St. John (Jason Lee Scott), David J. Fielding (Zordon), Kerrigan Mahan, (Goldar), Dan Southworth (Eric Myers) and Meghan “Strawburry17” Camarena (Kimberly).
- Crossplay & Cross-progression among PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PC
- This title enables cross-play among Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC, where players across all gaming platforms can battle against each other in Ranked, Casual, Direct or Lobby Matches.
- Cross-play helps players find matches faster against similarly skilled players and opens up a larger matchmaking pool, making the game more competitive. The game also enables cross-progression, so players can carry progress made on one platform to another.
- Challenge Your Friends in Direct Match & Online Lobbies
- These new features make Battle for the Grid more social.
- Direct Match lets friends or any two specific players match up against each other.
- Online Lobbies allows up to 8 players to join together in friendly matches, where participants can battle in up to 4 different matches at a time or spectate on a match and be the next player up.
You can learn more about nWay from the official website.
If anyone is interested in the 2.0 patch notes, the information is available here.
There’s also a Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid eSports League currently happening.
Feel free to share your thoughts with us.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary