Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid, the popular fighting game by developer nWay in partnership with Hasbro, Inc. and global content leader Lionsgate is coming to PC on September 24, 2019. I’m excited!
The upcoming PC release of Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid will allow players to enjoy all of the features and content currently available on the console version of the game on the first day of release. This includes the full story mode, voiceovers from the original cast, multi-platform crossplay and direct match.
You will be able to own the game for only $19.99 on Steam. A Collector’s Edition will be available for $39.99 and include the digital game download, Season One Pass, Lord Drakkon Evo II Skin and a Kimberly Hart, Pink Ranger skin.
Upon pre-ordering from the official website, you will receive a special bonus of an exclusive Tommy Oliver, Green Ranger V2 skin.
Players can also purchase the Season One Pass for $14.99, which includes three characters (Trey of Triforia, Jen Scotts and Lord Zedd), in addition to a Jason Lee Scott, Red Dragon Shield skin.
Here’s the description:
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid pits current and classic Power Rangers and villains from the multiverse’s 25 year history against one another in epic 3v3 tag team battles. The controls promote simplicity and fluidity, enabling beginners to enjoy the combat system and encouraging advanced players to delve into its gameplay mechanics, which include real-time assist takeover, dynamic defense through push blocking and aerial guard, customizable juggle combos, and a unique Megazord comeback mode.
“After the tremendous success of Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid on console, we are proud to offer the PC version to gamers and Power Rangers fans around the world,” said Taehoon Kim, co-founder and CEO of nWay. “We know that the introduction of the game on PC will allow a new audience of gamers to experience the fierce battles and incredibly fun action of Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid.”
The Key features of Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid on PC include:
- An amazing roster of 12 starting characters to provide multiple fighting options. Characters include: Jason Lee Scott, Tommy Oliver, Gia Moran, Ranger Slayer, Magna Defender, Kat Manx, Mastodon Sentry, Goldar, Lord Drakkon, Udonna, Dragon Armor Trini and Cenozoic Blue Ranger. Additional characters are available for purchase as downloadable content, including Trey of Triforia, Jen Scotts, and Lord Zedd.
- Three Ultras to keep the action going: Dino Megazord, Dragonzord and Mega Goldar.
- Seven Arenas including Zordon’s Training Room, Harwood County Warzone, Mystic Forest, Lord Drakkon’s Throne Room, Command Center, Corinth, Planet Earth: Cenozoic Era.
- Collectibles include 120 collectible banners.
- Multiple online gameplay modes include:
- Ranked Mode: Match up against players from across the world in online battles and fight to earn League Points.
- Casual Mode: Similar to Ranked Mode, but without the pressure of losing League Points. This is the best place to practice with new characters or just to have fun.
- Variety of Offline Modes include:
- Versus Mode: Compete against another player or the computer.
- Arcade Mode: Fight in a series of battles that ultimately ends against the final boss.
- Training Mode: Hone your skills against training mode AI and utilize a variety of functions specifically tailored to training.
- Tutorial: Learn how to play the game’s core mechanics by playing in a series of step-by-step instructions.
Coming to the rest of the features:
The PC version of the game also includes the full story mode, with an epic storyline written and voice directed by writer/director Kyle Higgins (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Shattered Grid, Nightwing, Batman: Gates of Gotham). The mode also features original artwork by Eisner Award-winning illustrator Dan Mora (Go Go Power Rangers, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Klaus). In this new mode, players experience a re-imagining of the critically acclaimed Shattered Grid event from Boom! Studios’ Power Rangers comic book series. When Lord Drakkon, an evil alternate version of Tommy Oliver, sets off a massive campaign across time and space to destroy all Power Rangers, they must band together and fight back, before all of existence falls to his armies.
Voiceovers by Original Cast
The game’s story and combat voiceovers are performed by original Power Rangers cast members, including Jason David Frank (Tommy Oliver), Austin St. John (Jason Lee Scott), David J. Fielding (Zordon), Kerrigan Mahan (Goldar) and Meghan “Strawburry17” Camarena (Kimberly).
Friends or any two specific players can match up directly to compete against each other.
Crossplay & Cross-Progression
Players on PC can battle against players on Nintendo Switch and Xbox One in Ranked, Casual or Direct Matches. Crossplay helps players find matches faster against similarly skilled players and opens up a larger matchmaking pool, making the game more competitive. The game also offers cross-progression among PC, Nintendo Switch and Xbox One, so players can carry progress made on one platform to another. Crossplay and cross-progression are enabled by nWayPlay, which offers a player ID and social system, allowing friends to find each other across platforms.
Are you a Power Rangers fan? Let us know.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary