Touch Dimensions’ ARPG/RTS-hybrid Strain Tactics launching 4 May 2017 on Steam
Fans of ARPG and strategic gameplay can look forward to fighting aliens when Strain Tactics is released for Steam on 4 May 2017.
Developed by award-winning studio Touch Dimensions, Strain Tactics focuses on strategic fast-paced action. Check out the trailer!
Here’s the official description:
After losing a secret war fought on the surface of Neptune against a hostile alien organism, you are faced with the realization that the “Strain” threat is heading for Earth. A re-cloned commander of the Neptune Incident, you must now take command of a group of up to five ground team members to defeat the Strain … and put an end to the alien menace once and for all.
Taking a bird’s-eye view of the battlefield from the vantage point of your Helibase, you’re able to issue commands to assault units who can be inserted (and extracted) from anywhere on the battlefield. Choose from 80 playable characters – all equipped with a weapon and three extra inventory slots for maximum flexibility. With more than 150 unique items and weapons, you can customize the ground team to deal with virtually *any* situation – both domestic and extraterrestrial!
Draw paths for your units using a nifty drag-control system and give special commands to your troops while they follow the path – allowing you to carefully choreograph the flow of battle. Need to quickly change orders? No problem: You can manually override orders in real time and direct individual soldiers (or multiple units) to new targets on the go. Experienced soldiers will level up – increasing their damage, resistance, or endurance. Death is not the end: Make the most of casualties by recovering body bags to revive team members – or sell their corpses for much-needed credits.
With a variety of maps and distinct scenarios, each mission in Strain Tactics can be approached like a sandbox. And if things get too crazy on the ground, the Helibase features its own weapon systems: Support your ground team from afar with some serious firepower!
The key features include:
* Building and commanding your own 1-5-member heliborne task force.
* Assembling a ground team from 80 playable characters with unique personalities and strengths – featuring 1-3 extra inventory slots and countless weapon/item combinations.
* Choreographing your team’s actions in real time with a dynamic drag-control system or manually micromanage units.
* Defending your Helibase and protect your team from above with miniguns, autocannons, and more.
* Preserving your team’s mental health – and protecting them from contamination.
* Leveling up your units, upgrade items, and revive fallen team members by body-bagging (or sell their corpses for points).
* Traveling to more than 30 maps with five unique scenarios – including Hunter-Killer, Escort, Retrieval, Perimeter Defense, and Clean Sweep.
You can get a copy of Strain Tactics from Steam (for Windows only) on 4 May 2017 for $14.99.
Visit Touch Dimensions’ official website for more details about the developers.
What are your thoughts about Strain Tactics? Let us know.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary