“Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” Gets Digital, 4K UHD, Blu-ray & DVD Release This March!
From Disney, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker will be available to own digitally in HD, 4K Ultra HD and via Movies Anywhere on March 17, 2020. It will be available in 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD come March 31, 2020.
The upcoming home release of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker will, of course, include tons of extra content for fans of the franchise to enjoy.
The Bonus Features Include:
- The Skywalker Legacy – The story lives forever in this feature-length documentary that charts the making of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
- Pasaana Pursuit: Creating the Speeder Chase – Dive into the making of the movie’s epic landspeeder chase and discover how this spectacular sequence was brought to the screen.
- Aliens in the Desert – See what it took to create the Pasaana desert scenes, from the sheer scale and complexity of the shoot to its colorful details.
- D-O: Key to the Past – Explore the ship that connects Rey to the mystery of her missing parents and get to know the galaxy’s newest, irresistible droid.
- Warwick & Son – Warwick Davis, who played Wicket in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, dons the Ewok costume once more; this time joined by his son Harrison.
- Cast of Creatures – The team behind the film’s memorable creatures reveal the puppetry, makeup, prosthetics and digital magic that bring them to life!
- The Maestro’s Finale – Composer John Williams reflects on his body of work for the Star Wars saga and shares insights on scoring Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
Take note, the Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer.
The run time of the feature is approximately 142 minutes. It is rated PG-13 in the US. The aspect ratio of the home release is 2.39:1.
The cast of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker includes Carrie Fisher (Leia Organa), Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker), Adam Driver (Kylo Ren), Daisy Ridley (Rey), John Boyega (Finn), Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron), Anthony Daniels (C-3PO), Naomi Ackie (Jannah), Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux), Richard E. Grant (General Pryde), Lupita Nyong’o (Maz Kanata), Keri Russell (Zorii Bliss), Joonas Suotamo (Chewbacca), Kelly Marie Tran (Rose Tico), with Ian McDiarmid (Emperor Palpatine) and Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian).
The film has been directed by J.J. Abrams and produced by Kathleen Kennedy, Abrams and Michelle Rejwan. Callum Greene, Tommy Gormley, and Jason McGatlin served as executive producers.
The screenplay was written by Chris Terrio & J.J. Abrams and the story is by Derek Connolly & Colin Trevorrow and J.J. Abrams & Chris Terrio, based on characters created by George Lucas. Composer John Williams, who has scored every episode in the Skywalker saga since 1977’s Star Wars: A New Hope, returned for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
The film was released in the U.S on December 20, 2019. It went on to gross more than $1 billion at the global box office.
You can read our review here!
We also did an entire webcast talking about the most recent Star Wars movie installment.
Will you be picking up a home release copy?
Let us know.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary