The Bitching Dead x 11: The Walking Dead 9×02 & 9×03 Review – ‘The Bridge’ & ‘Warning Signs’
In this week’s episode of The Bitching Dead, Tara, Bekah, and I discussed The Walking Dead season 9 episodes 2 and 3, titled ‘The Bridge’ and ‘Warning Signs.’ It has been clear for many years the writers are not interested in quality storytelling.
Even with Angela Kang becoming the showrunner for The Walking Dead season 9, the current episodes have been unable to offer anything exciting for plot and character development. There were a few good moments centering around Carol and Ezekiel in episode 2, but if we are only invested in character relationships and not the actual plot, well, the writers need to do better.
Check out The Bitching Dead episode 11!
Some of our discussion points:
- How they cast Zach McGowan just to kill him off after three episodes.
- Aaron talking about changing baby diapers with Daryl.
- How, in The Walking Dead world, you lose a spouse and gain a baby.
- Aaron losing an arm because the writers decided to use disability as a storytelling gimmick.
- Is Jesus going to help Aaron raise a baby?
- Rick wanting Michonne to have his child for the future and not because Negan said so! Sigh!
- Carol and Ezekiel!
- Anne/Jadis and Gabriel!
- Which interracial couple on the show is likely to end due to death because that’s how TV works.
- How Maggie will make her exit.
- Do we even care about Oceanside killing Saviors?
As there is so much other awesome stuff you could be doing with your time instead of watching The Walking Dead season 9, we also shared a few recommendations!
- Check out the diverse and queer YA book series by author C.B. Lee.
- You should know about The School of Good And Evil.
- My new queer Paranormal/Mystery book A Fated Bond will be out November 5, 2018!
- Tara is working on She’s Kinda Hot, But Then She Talks: Essays & Insight From a ‘Fake Geek Girl’. So, give her Patreon a visit.
What did you think of The Walking Dead season 9 episode 2 (The Bridge) and episode 3 (Warning Signs)? Let us know.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary