FEELINGS Daily: TRAILERS! Daredevil! iZombie! And More!
Okay so yesterday I pissed some fanboys off by saying that Sony had to order an ALL DUDE Ghostbusters. This is not true they tell me; it’s actually just a movie about two dudes who are friends there will be other characters. Unlike the ALL GIRL Ghostbusters, which has four women and is therefore ENTIRELY WOMEN. Look, fellas, I’m as excited as you are to watch Chris Pratt and Channing Tatum be adorably dudetastic with each other, but it doesn’t change the fact that Sony’s decision is pretty sexist. If you’re not willing to admit that Hollywood has diversity issues, then you’re part of the problem.
EVERYBODY REJOICE because The Fall is coming back for Season 3 AND both Gillian Anderson and Jamie Dornan are set to return as Stella Gibson and Paul Spector. If you don’t think this is the BEST NEWS EVER then you obviously haven’t been watching The Fall, and you should definitely be watching The Fall. (via Deadline) We also think you should be watching The Fall.
There are some more details about the upcoming Arrow/The Flash spin-off floating around. We already heard that the show would star Arrow‘s Brandon Routh (Ray Palmer/Atom) and Caity Lotz (Sara Lance/Canary) and The Flash‘s Wentworth Miller (Leonard Snart/Captain Cold) and Victor Garber (Dr. Martin Stein/half of Firestorm). Now we’re hearing that they’re casting three new heroes: “The Traveler”, “Female Warrior” and “Mystery Warrior”. Check out Hypable for more information.
Derek Zoolander and Hansel walked the runway during Valentino’s show as part of Paris Fashion Week. It’s nice to see that the men, once rivals, have put aside their differences to work together at this prestigious event.
In case you haven’t guessed, this whole stunt means that Zoolander 2 is officially a go. In a tweet, Paramount Pictures confirmed that the film is set for release on February 12th, 2016. (via Rolling Stone)
The whole thing was super fun, but I got to say that this Vine wins the night.
The Grace Helbig Show has a premiere date: it will air April 3 on E! (via EW.com)
This parody trailer that highlights the age difference between male and female co-stars is a little too close to the truth. It’s gross, Hollywood. Stop doing that. (via The Daily Dot)
You can watch the first episode of Sony’s superhero series Powers on YouTube right now! (via ComingSoon.net)
Check out the first two clips from The CW’s upcoming comic book adaptation iZombie. (via ComicBook.com)
I’m not really sure about the “gritty” feel to the latest Daredevil trailer. It kind of makes it look exactly the same as every other gritty superhero crime drama. But I’ll let you decide.
The trailer for Inside Out is all about tween girls feels and I LOVE IT!
In Other News:
- A man dressed as a pirate threatened a guard with a knife on the set of the latest Pirates of the Caribbean film on the Gold Coast in Australia. I’d apologise for my country but I’m actually kind of proud of this level of idiocy. (via ABC.net.au)
- Kate Mara is set to Star in a Ridley Scott-Produced Sci-Fi Thriller – Morgan. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- Ascension is not going to series. SyFy says nope, sorry folks. (via Deadline)
- Game of Thrones Season 5 will be simulcast worldwide – well, on affiliate networks anyway. So that’s a good thing for everyone that wants to watch this show legally without being spoiled. (via Hypable)
- Disney has announced 20 new Star Wars books to bridge the gap between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens, which is all well and good until you spend your whole childhood reading them and then they scrap the canon because they want to make another movie. (via ScreenRant)
- For some ungodly reason, Tim Burton is making a live-action adaptation of Disney’s Dumbo. I don’t even know. Your reaction is as good as mine. (via Mashable)
Finally here’s a little something for my feminist fangirl friends – The BBC has suspended Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson! AND a jury ruled that “Blurred Lunes” infringed on the copyright of Marvin Gaye’s “Got To Give It Up” and ordered Pharrell Williams, Robin Thicke and others to pay $7.3 million dollars. Don’t you love it when misogynistic assholes get their dues?
Author: Undie Girl
Undie Girl (aka Von) has a BA (Hons) Major in Cultural Studies. The title of her honours thesis was “It’s just gay and porn”: Power, Identity and the Fangirl’s Gaze. She’s currently pursuing a Masters of Media Practice at University of Sydney. Von’s a former contributor The Backlot’s column The Shipping News and a current co-host of The Geekiary’s monthly webcast FEELINGS… with The Geekiary.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary