The stunning and award winning puzzle game Linelight, developed by My Dog Zorro, will be available on Steam and PS4 on January 31st!
Linelight is set in a world made of lines. It offers six worlds to players, with a total of 300 levels. Check out the trailer below – I really like the minimalistic approach:
Here’s the official synopsis:
Take control of one very special line named “Dash” … and explore the puzzles and mysteries of Linelight. The controls are irreducibly simple:
Activate color-coded switches to create a “bridge.” Watch out for red moving lines — friendly in appearance, deadly on contact. Combine familiar gameplay mechanics to come up with one-of-a-kind solutions for exultant “Aha!” moments.
Linelight’s simple presentation belies a world of rich complexities and secrets. Keep an eye out for stars — and concentrate to discover secret pathways that expand the scope of your journey. Can you stay cool, keep Dash safe, and follow the path to its ultimate end?
The key features of Linelight include:
* Basking in the soft glow of a world made out of straight lines.
* Experiencing 6 hours of pure, unadulterated gameplay.
* Solving more than 250 unique puzzles across six unique worlds.
* Enjoying a Zen-like, ethereal soundtrack, and enter a state of flow.
* Exploring the intricacies of each world to uncover secret challenges.
Linelight has also received impressive award recognition:
* It won Game of the Year winner at Gameacon 2016
* My Dog Zorro was a Bit Awards 2016 – Rising Pixel – Awardee
* A ‘Best Style’ Bit Awards 2016 Nominee
* A ‘Best PC/Console Game’ Bit Awards 2016 Nominee
* IndieCade’s Official Selection at E3 2016
* PAX East Indie Minibooth 2016’s Official Selection
* Different Games Conference 2016’s Official Selection
* Sheep’s Meow 2016’s Official Selection
* IndieCade 2016’s Game Tasting Spotlight Selection
* PlayWell Winter Arcade 2016’s Official Selection
* Playcrafting Demo Night Feb 2016’s Official Selection
Linelight will be available on PS4 and Steam on January 31st, and you can benefit from a 10% launch sale discount that will end on February 7th. The discount brings the retail price down to $8.99 from $9.99. Furthermore, PlayStation Plus subscribers can benefit from a 20% discount and buy the game for just $7.99.
Linelight is My Dog Zorro’s first indie release. The development studio launched in 2015 and is based in North Brunswick, New Jersey.
Will you be playing Linelight? Feel free to share your opinions!
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary