Dieselpunk Roguelike “Mad Crown” Gets Official September Launch Date for PC/Steam
Developer S-Game has announced their roguelike RPG title Mad Crown will be launching out of Early Access on September 28, 2018. The game has been in early access development on Steam since January.
Mad Crown has been described as a “dungeon crawling roguelike RPG” which is set in a dieselpunk world hundreds of years after humans decided to destroy the world with nuclear weapons. Players will set off on a quest to claim an “artifact of untold power” called the Mad Crown. Also, the nuclear Armageddon led to god-like leviathans waking up from beneath the Earth’s surface and a doomsday battle between the creatures devastated the planet.
Here’s the trailer!
The official description reads:
Prepare to embark on an epic adventure filled with challenging tactical turn-based combat. The integrated card deck system synergizes to create an in-depth combat and exploration system that offers seemingly endless strategic depth. Using your various party members, each with their own unique skills and abilities, take on the toughest, weirdest, and the meanest that the dieselpunk world has to offer.
Mad Crown is currently available on Steam Early Access for only $9.99 USD or regional equivalent. It has been stated by S-Game the price will not change upon full launch on September 28, 2018.
The key features include:
- Roguelike elements: Initial level zero setting, penalties for player death, inventory management, survival mechanics.
- Procedurally generated dungeons
- In-depth tactical turn-based combat.
- Card deck system: use items and ability cards inside and outside of combat to your tactical advantage.
- Vivid art style and scored soundtrack.
- Adventurers reciprocal rescue! Adventurers can work together to rescue one another:
- If you die other adventurers can reach out to help and retrieve all lost items.
- Join a rescue team to help other adventurers killed in the Ruins and win respect and rewards.
- Witty monster character mechanics.
- Large enemy variety with multiple strategies.
- 10 available characters classes.
- Over 200 items to suit out your party.
- Challenging levels and special modes.
Feel free to share your thoughts about the indie game Mad Crown with us.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Please do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.