The Bitching Dead Issue 29 had Bekah, Tara, and I (again) covering the recent four episodes from two The Walking Dead spin-off shows. Read on to know our thoughts about Fear the Walking Dead Season 6 Episodes 4 ‘The Key’ and 5 ‘Honey’ as well as TWD: World Beyond Season 1 Episodes 5 ‘Madman Across the Water’ and 6 ‘Shadow Puppets’.
We have to talk about the ratings, of course. It finally happened! With Episode 5 of The Walking Dead: World Beyond Season 1, the spin-off series fell to only 0.74 million live-viewers. Episode 6 didn’t fare better. It also got approximately 0.74 million live-viewers. So, I guess it’s clear, the TWD fandom (what’s left of it) doesn’t care about the latest YA-centric spin-off.
As for Fear the Walking Dead Season 6, it’s also coming close to falling from the 1 million live-viewers mark. Episodes 4 and 5 were in the 1.20 million range.
It will be very interesting to see if AMC and the creative teams will try and do something to course-correct. TWD: World Beyond has already been greenlit for another season (which will likely air sometime in 2021). The first season will give us a two-episode finale on November 29, 2020.
Fear the Walking Dead Season 6 will go on its mid-season break after airing Episode 7 on November 22, 2020.
We’re also running a poll if you want to participate!
— The Bitching Dead (@thebitchindead) November 10, 2020
Anyway, here’s our The Bicthing Dead Issue 29 webcast!
Fear the Walking Dead Season 6 Episodes 4 ‘The Key’ highlights:
- We love John Dorie, but ‘The Key’ was a chore for us to watch.
- It’s clear the show doesn’t really know what to do with John.
- The writers also don’t seem to know what to with Victor.
- We laughed at the symbolism around John’s decaying tooth.
- What’s up with the timeline of this show?
- We liked the scene where Morgan tried to figure out how Rufus (the bloodhound) tracked people.
- Are we supposed to care about the key that Morgan has around his neck?
Fear the Walking Dead Season 6 Episode 5 ‘Honey’ highlights:
- I wasn’t mad at this episode.
- Okay. I think none of us want to see Dwight shirtless anymore.
- That dog had no “wolf” in it.
- Dwight using ‘Honey’ as a nickname was annoying.
- Calling Al’s military vehicle MPreg broke us!
The Walking Dead: World Beyond Season 1 Episode 5 ‘Madman Across the Water’ highlights:
- This show is just so bad.
- 10-year old bottled nail polish doesn’t work like that!
- At least, Elton’s flashback to when he was five years old was kind of enjoyable.
- The writers should have had the main group be chased by wild tigers.
The Walking Dead: World Beyond Season 1 Episode 6 ‘Shadow Puppets’ highlights:
- Yes, that’s what this show needed, more random people (eye roll).
- Having Percy and his uncle scam the main group would have been a better narrative choice.
- Is this show trying to force a love-triangle with Silas, Iris, and Percy? We don’t want it.
- We liked the puppet show that Percy and his uncle performed. However, the music not attracting zombies to the scene made no sense to us.
- Frankly, seeing our heroes not running into a lot of zombies makes no sense. Remember when Rick and his group couldn’t move an inch without encountering zombies or other bad living people?
- Who is that scientist woman they keep showing us during the end credits scene? We wouldn’t be surprised if she’s related to Hope.
Are you watching FTWD and TWD: World Beyond?
Let us know.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary