Players looking forward to playing the mining sandbox adventure game Core Keeper on Steam Early Access come March 8, 2022, can go ahead and experience a free playable demo right now!
From Pugstrom and Sold Out, Core Keeper has been described as a multiplayer mining sandbox adventure that takes place in an ancient cavern filled with creatures, resources, and trinkets. You will be tasked with mining relics and resources to help build your base, craft new equipment and do what’s possible to survive.
While the game will hit Steam Early Access on March 8, 2022, the playable demo on Steam is ready to offer interested players a taste of what to expect. Included as part of Steam Next Fest later this month, the current demo introduces players to the fictional world of Core Keeper. It also allows players to test out the mechanics involved in base building, crafting, farming, monster-slaying, and more.
Not only that but the demo can be played by yourself or cooperatively in a group of up to eight players.
And yes, there’s more!
Any progress that you will make in the demo will be carried over to the Early Access release. This means that you will be able to basically pick up the game where you left off (in the demo) once you pay for the actual title this March.
Currently available, the Core Keeper demo will remain playable until Steam Next Fest comes to a close on Monday, February 28, 2022.
Here’s the trailer!
I do like the pixel graphics. There’s a Stardew Valley feel to this indie game. And I don’t know about you, but seeing a bunch of tiny characters mining away and trying to run from giant monsters does look quite exciting. Judging by the trailer, Core Keeper seems to have the right stuff to guarantee a fun time playing with a group of friends.
The Key Features include:
- Up to eight-player co-op sandbox – Players can work together to fight, farm, craft, and survive in a sandbox adventure with up to eight friends.
- Mine resources – You will be able to explore a vast underground cave of endless resources. Work with your friends to mine materials, discover hidden crystals, fossils, trinkets, and survive a procedurally-generated underground world.
- Craft and build – Players will be able to build their base. They can also customize their explorer and craft new items, armor, and equipment to face challenges as they dig deeper.
- Grow crops – Yes, crops can be grown inside the mine. Ingredients can be combined to unlock new recipes with powerful buffs.
- Discover an ancient world – You will get to explore living biomes, defeat giant monsters, and power up the core to uncover the secrets of an ancient world.
The creative team plans to add updates introducing major new features, content, and quality of life improvements throughout the Early Access period.
You can go ahead and add Core Keeper to your Steam Wishlist right now. For more information, you can follow @CoreKeeperGame on Twitter and join the discussion on Discord. You can learn more about Pugstorm from the official website.
Are you looking forward to playing Core Keeper? Will you be checking out the demo?
Let us know.
(via press release)
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary