Rogue Snail is giving fans a glimpse of the “character-driven loot shooter” follow up to Relic Hunters Zero, titled Relic Hunters Legend, in the game’s closed alpha.
According to the press release, “the cartooney shooter delivers a plethora of loot but also an engaging story with a time-traveling past stealing baddie and a fantastically snarky and comedic cast of characters that blends for a binge-worthy gaming experience.”
Currently, in alpha Relic Hunters Legend is playable for Kickstarter backers as well as players that have purchased a Founder’s Pack on the official site.
Featuring unlocked framerates, the indie title Relic Hunters Legend will support 4K resolution so “players can get the ultimate crispness on watching their bullet trajectory as it crashes into oncoming enemies spilling their sweet sweet loot. Blending 2D and 3D elements Relic Hunters’ cartoon-like art style creates for some eye-catching and vibrant moments for players to soak in while they’re collecting their bounty.”
As a co-op looter shooter Relic Hunters provides players with a hefty amount of unique items and seamlessly ties them into the game with rich RPG mechanics. Items come in varying levels of rarity with an even broader amount of effects ranging from the comical sandwich-trail-leaving Solid Jacket of Sandwiches to more serious items that back a serious punch when attempting to take on one of the game’s unique bosses.
Relic Hunters Legend aims to make players “feel like they’re a character in a Saturday Morning cartoon with kick-ass skill combos while delivering a depth of gameplay through hand-crafted story missions and fresh experiences with randomized explorable environments.”
Relic Hunters Legend will be free to play forever when the game launches at a later date. New heroes will be added.
A Full List of Features Include:
- Zany Cartoon Art Style – With a modern cartoon art palette Relic Hunter Legends brings a fun, engaging, and active animation experience.
- Touching Tale of Friendship and Time Travel – Uncover the mysteries of the past, get to know your favorite characters better and save the Galaxy. This dedicated campaign will keep expanding indefinitely with new storylines, characters and side stories being introduced via updates.
- Deep RPG Mechanics – Collect hundreds of items, hunters and relics, and customize the perfect relic-hunting machine! Relic Hunters Legend is an extensive RPG where each Hunter can fit various playstyles.
- Up to Four Player Co-op – Play the campaign solo, or play with friends in this exciting and fun-filled galactic journey!
- All-out Top-Down Shooter Combat – Run-and-gun online with friends in full 3D environments involving smart enemies, incredible abilities, and unique items. Play with either keyboard-and-mouse or a controller, and experience full verticality and freedom of movement.
- Stunning Graphics – Running at 4K resolution and unlock framerates, players will get the best of the game’s innovative mix of 2D and 3D animations.
- True Free-to-Play Experience – Play for free entirely without being blocked by a paywall. All in-game materials can be completely unlocked by playing and we will remain transparent.
As for Rogue Snail, it is an independent game studio based in Brazil. With more than 10 years of game industry experience, the studio aims to deliver high-quality gaming projects and remain transparent with their fans.
Feel free to share your thoughts with us.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary